- Volume 35 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Application of DC Resistivity Survey from Upper Portion of Concrete and Geostatistical Integrated Analysis
콘크리트 상부에서 전기비저항 탐사 적용 및 지구통계학적 복합 해석
- Lee, Heuisoon (Geolux Inc.) ;
- Oh, Seokhoon (Department of Energy and Resources Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Chung, Hojoon (Human & Earth Inc.) ;
- Noh, Myounggun (Department of Energy and Resources Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Ji, Yoonsoo (Department of Energy and Resources Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Ahn, Taegyu (Geolux Inc.) ;
- Song, Sung-Ho (Rural Research Institute, Korea Rural Community Corporation) ;
- Yong, Hwan-Ho (Rural Research Institute, Korea Rural Community Corporation)
- 이희순 ((주)지오룩스) ;
- 오석훈 (강원대학교 에너지.자원공학과) ;
- 정호준 ((주)휴먼앤어스) ;
- 노명근 (강원대학교 에너지.자원공학과) ;
- 지윤수 (강원대학교 에너지.자원공학과) ;
- 안태규 ((주)지오룩스) ;
- 송성호 (한국농어촌공사 농어촌연구원) ;
- 용환호 (한국농어촌공사 농어촌연구원)
- Received : 2013.12.09
- Accepted : 2014.01.20
- Published : 2014.02.28
A DC resistivity survey was performed to detect anomalies beneath concrete pavement. A set of high conductive media and planar electrodes were used to lessen the effect's a high contact resistance of concrete. Results of the resistivity survey were analyzed and compared with those of other geophysical surveys such as Ground Penetration Radar (GPR), Impulse Response (IR), and Multi-channel Analysis of Surface Waves (MASW), which were carried out in the same location. The results of resistivity survey showed a high resistive distribution in the section of sink and pavement where a pattern of reinforcement was observed through the GPR survey. Also, a comparison of results between the IR and resistivity surveys indicated that the high resistivity was produced by the high dynamic stiffness in the reinforced section. The co-Kriging of both the results of DC resistivity and MASW surveys at the same location showed that an integrated geostatistical analysis is able to give more accurate description on the anomalous subsurface region than can a separate analysis of each geophysical approach. This study suggests that the integrated geostatistical approaches were used for a decision-making process based on the geophysical surveys.
Supported by : 기상청
- Ahn, J.H., 2003, A study of structural safety diagnosis using frequency domain analysis of Impact-Echo methods. Published M.S. thesis, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea, 1-3 p. (in Korean)
- Burger, H.R., 1992, Exploration geophysics of the shallow subsurface. Prentice Hall PTR, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 498 p.
- Chung, H.J., Lee, H.S., Oh, S.H., and Song, S.H., 2013, Development of the Impulse Response measurement system for non-destructive test of slab structure. Jigu-Mulli-wa-Mulli-Tamsa, 16, 45-52. (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.7582/GGE.2013.16.1.45
- Davis, A.G., 2003, The non-destructive impulse response test in North America: 1985-2001. Independent Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation International, 36, 185-193.
- Davis, A.G. and Dunn, C.S., 1974, From theory to field experience with the nondestructive vibration testing of piles. Proc. Inst. Civil Engineers, Part 2, doi:10.1680/iicep.1974.3895. https://doi.org/10.1680/iicep.1974.3895
- Noh, M.G. and Oh, S.H., 2011, A model test of IE and IR method to detect the cavity underneath the concrete structure. Journal of Korean Earth Science Society, 32, 1-11. (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.5467/JKESS.2011.32.1.1
- Davis, A.G., Lim, M.K., and Petersen, C.G., 2005, Rapid and economical evaluation of concrete tunnel linings with impulse response and impulse radar nondestructive methods. Independent Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation International, 38, 181-186.
- Goovaerts, P., 1997, Geostatistics for natural resources evaluation. Oxford University Press, Newyork, NY, USA, 483 p.
- John M.R., 2003, An introduction to applied and environmental geophysics. John Wiley&Sons, Chichester, NY, USA, 796 p.
- Kim, J.G., 2001, A study on the applicability of the nondestructive testing methods for concrete structures. Published M.S. thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea, 1-9 p. (in Korean)
- Kwon, B.D., Lee, H.S., Lee, G.H., Rim, H.R., and Oh, S.H., 2000, On the case of Manjang cave, Cheju island: Effective geophysical methods in detecting subsurface caves. Journal of Korean Earth Science Society, 21, 408-422. (in Korean)
- Noh, M.G., Oh, S.H., and Jang, B.S., 2009, Integrated application of GPR, IE and IR methods to detection of the rear cavity of concrete. Jigu-Mulli-wa-Mulli-Tamsa, 12, 338-346. (in Korean)
- Oh, S.H., 2011, Geostatistics. Energy and Resources Engineering of Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea, 194 p. (in Korean)
- Song, S.H., Lee, G.S., Kang, M.G., and Cho, I.K., 2009, Electrical resistivity distribution comparing to cone resistance with depth at embankment dike constructed by dredged sea sand. Journal of Mineral and Energy Resources, 46, 207-216. (in Korean)
- An Electrical Resistivity Monitoring in Embankment vol.36, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5467/JKESS.2015.36.1.59