- Volume 3 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
H-IMA : IMA based Hybrid Platform Architecture for Improving Portability of Flight Software
H-IMA : 비행 소프트웨어의 이식성 향상을 위한 IMA 기반의 혼합형 플랫폼 아키텍처
- 서용진 (충남대학교 컴퓨터공학과) ;
- 윤상필 (충남대학교 컴퓨터공학과) ;
- 조현우 (충남대학교 컴퓨터공학과) ;
- 권철순 (충남대학교 컴퓨터공학과) ;
- 김형신 (충남대학교 컴퓨터공학과) ;
- 김현수 (충남대학교 컴퓨터공학과)
- Received : 2013.10.28
- Accepted : 2013.11.29
- Published : 2014.01.31
Flight software operated on the on-board computers in the satellite has requirements such as real-time and high reliability. These requirements make dependency between the flight software and operating environments. Further, whenever a new system is built, such problem drives that all flight software are redeveloped. Thus, the dependency between them should be removed. And the work can be achieved by improving the portability of the flight software. In this paper, we propose a platform architecture based on the IMA architecture. The platform architecture is a hybrid one built by blending two kinds of realizations of the IMA architecture in order to maximize portability. In addition, we implement a prototype system and analyze the execution results of the system to justify the proposed architecture. The proposed architecture enables us to remove the dependency between fight software and operating environments.
Flight Software;Software Architecture;Portability
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- J. Lee, S. Cha, "Development trends of satellite flight software", Journal of Computing Science and Engineering, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 43-48, 2007.
- C. B. Watkins, "Integrated modular avionics: managing the allocation of shared intersystem resources", 25th Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC), Portland, Oregon, 2006.
- R. L. C. Eveleens, "Integrated Modular Avionics Development Guidance and Certification Considerations", National Aerospace Laboratory NLR, 2006.
- J. E. Smith, R. Nair, "Virtual machines: versatile platforms for systems and processes", Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Francisco, CA, USA, 2005.
- DOT/FAA/AR-99/58, "Partitioning in Avionics Architectures : Requirements, Mechanisms, and Assurance", 2000.
- ARINC 653-Part 1, "avionics application software standard interface Part 1-Required Services", Airlines electronic engineering committee(AEEC), 2006.
- S. R. Schach, "Object-Oriented and Classical Software Engineering", 8th ed., ,2002.
- A. Aquiar, F. Hessel, "Current techniques trends in embedded system's virtualization", Softw., Pract. Exper. vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 917-944, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/spe.1156
- Li, Y., et al,. "A Survey of Virtual Machine System: Current Technology and Future Trends.", Third International Symposium on Electronic Commerce and Security, 2010.
- M. Masmano, I. Ripoll, A. Crespo, "XtratuM Hypervisor for LEON3-usermanual", 2011.
- R. Kaiser, "Combining Partitioning and Virtualization for Safety-Critical Systems", SYSGO White Paper, 2007.
- J. Rufino, J. Craveiro, "Robust Partitioning and Composability in ARINC 653 Conformant Real-Time Operating Systems", 1st INTERAC Research Network, 2008.
- H. Joe, H. Jeong, Y. Yoon, H. Kim, S. Han, H. W. Jin, "Full virtualizing micro hypervisor for spacecraft flight computer", 31th Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC), 2012.