- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Perceived Confidence in Practice of Core Basic Nursing Skills of New Graduate Nurses
신규졸업간호사가 지각한 핵심기본간호술 수행 자신감
- Received : 2013.12.04
- Accepted : 2014.01.28
- Published : 2014.02.28
Purpose: This study was to measure and identify the differences of perceived confidence in practice of core basic nursing skills performed by new graduate nurses in Korea. Methods: The tool used in this study was a questionnaire for measuring the confidence in 20 items of core basic nursing skills which was structured based on Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education tool. 231 new graduate nurses participated in this study. The reliability of this questionnaire had Cronbach's
- Carlson, S,. Kotz, W., J., & Van Rooyen D. (2005). Experience of final year nursing students in their preparedness to become registered nurses. Curationis, 28(4), 65-73.
- Cowin, L. S., & Hengstberger-Sims, C. (2006). New graduate nurse self-concept and retention: A longitudinal survey. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 43, 59-70. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2005.03.004
- Cho, M. H., & Kwon, I. S. (2007). Study on the clinical practice experiences on nursing activities of nursing students. Journal of korea Academy Society Nursing Education, 13(2), 143-154.
- Cohen, J. (1988). Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences (2nd ed.). Hillsdale, New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Cowin, L. S., Craven, R. G., Johnson, M., & Marsh, H. W. (2006). A longitudinal study of student and experienced nurses' self-concept. Collegian, 13(3), 25-31. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1322-7696(08)60529-6
- Dearmon, V., Graves, R. J., Hayden, S., Mulekar M. S., Lawrence, S. M., Jones, L. et al. (2013). Effectiveness of simulation-based orientation of baccalaureate nursing students preparing for their first clinical experience. Journal of Nursing Education, 52(1), 29-38.
- Fesler-Birch, D. M. (2005). Critical thinking and patient outcomes: A review. Nursing Outlook, 53(2), 59-65. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.outlook.2004.11.005
- George, J. T., Warriner D. A., Anthony J., Rozario K. S., Xavier S., Jude E. B. et al. (2008, August 22). Training tomorrow's doctors in diabetes: Self-reported confidence levels, practice and perceived training needs of post-graduate trainee doctors in the UK, A multi-centre survey. BMC Medical Eduction, Retrieved November 9, 2013, from http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6920/8/22
- Johns C. (2003). Clinical supervision as a model for clinical leadership. Journal of Nursing Management, 11(1), 25-34. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2834.2002.00288.x
- Alexander, M., & Runciman, P. (2003). ICN framework of competencies for the generalist nurse: Report of the development, process, and consultation. Geneva, Switzerland: International Council of Nurses.
- Kang, Y. S., Cho, H., Roh, Y. S., Boo, E. H., & Ahn, K. H. (2006). The effects of cooperative clinical nursing education program on the competency and satisfaction of nursing students in clinical practice. Journal of Korea Academy Society Nursing Education, 12(1), 13-20.
- Kim, J. Y., & Choi, E. Y. (2008). Learning element recognition and academic achievement of nursing student receiving PBL with simulation education. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing. 20(5). 731-742.
- Ko J. K., Jung. M. S., Choi, M. A., Park, Y. I., Bang, K. S., & Kim, J. A. (2013). Modeling of nursing competencies for competency-based curriculum development. Journal of Korea Academy Society Nursing Education, 19(1), 87-96. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.87
- Baxter, P., & Norman, G. (2011). Self-assessment or self deception? A lack of association between nursing students' self-assessment and performance. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 67(11), 2406-2413. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2011.05658.x
- Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing. (2011). Nursing core competency. retrieved July 17, 2013, from the Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Web site: http://www.kabon.or.kr/HyAdmin/upload/goodFile/120121127132143.pdf
- Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing. (2012). Core basic nursing skill items. retrieved July 17, 2013, from the Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Web site: http://www.kabon.or.kr/HyAdmin/upload/goodFile/120120319112302.pdf
- Lee, M. S., & Han, S. W. (2011). Effect of simulation-based practice on clinical performance and problem solving process for nursing students, Journal of Korean Academy Nursing, 17(2), 226-234. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.2.226
- Korean Nurses Association, (2013). Current status of educational institutions. retrieved July 17, 2013, from the Korean Nurses Association Web site: http://www.koreanurse.or.kr:444/resources/nurse_edu.php
- Lasater, K. (2007). High-fidelity simulation and the development of clinical judgment: Students' experiences. Journal of Nursing Education, 46(6), 269-276.
- Lee, H. Y., Lim, H. S., & Kim, M. Y. (2011). The clinical practice of newly graduated nurses who are resigned. Qualitative Research, 12(1), 39-48.
- Lee, W. S., & Kim, M. O. (2011). Effects and adequacy of high-fidelity simulation-based training for obstetrical nursing, Journal of Korean Academy Nursing, 41(4), 433-443. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.4.433
- Lim, K. C.(2011). Directions of simulation-based learning in nursing practice education: A systematic review. Journal of Korea Academy Society Nursing Education, 17(2), 246-256. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.2.246
- Park, Y. R. (2007). Knowledge and self-confidence of student nurses regarding nosocomical infection control, Journal of Korean Academy Fundamental Nursing, 14(4), 429-436.
- Reyes H., Hadley L., & Davenport, D. (2013). A comparative analysis of cultural competence in beginning and graduating nursing students. ISRN Nursing, Article ID 929764, 5. Retrieved November 9, 2013, from http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/929764
- Schlegel, C., Shaha, M., & Terhaar, M. (2009). The value of standardized patients in nursing education. Journal of Nursing Science, 27(2), 40-48.
- The Effects of Preclinical Clinical Performance Examination on Nursing Students' Confidence in Nursing Skills and Critical Thinking Competence vol.21, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.1.75
- The Effects of High Fidelity Simulation-Based Education on Clinical Competence and Confidence in Nursing Students: A Systematic Review vol.14, pp.10, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.10.850
- A Study of Convergence on Frequency of Performance, Self-Confidence, Performance Assessment Scores of Core Nursing Skills of Nursing Students vol.14, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.355
- Core nursing practice and educational requirements according to nursing unit and clinical career in tertiary hospital vol.22, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2015.22.1.35
- Effects of an intensive clinical skills course on senior nursing students' self-confidence and clinical competence: A quasi-experimental post-test study vol.61, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2017.11.028
- Current Status of Women's Health Nursing Practicum and Direction vol.20, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2014.20.2.173
- Relationship among Essentials of Fundamental Nursing Skills Performance, Stress from Work and Work Capability of New Clinical Nurses vol.20, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.4.628
- Effects of Core Fundamental Nursing Skills Education on Self-efficacy, Clinical Competence and Practice Satisfaction in Nursing Students vol.21, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2014.21.3.292
- The Effects of Convergence-Based Reeducation on Core Basic Nursing Skills on Nursing Students' Competence and Confidence vol.13, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.4.295
- Development of Clinical Scenarios and Rubrics for a Program Outcome-based Evaluation for Students' Adult Health Nursing Practice vol.26, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2014.26.6.653
- Comparison of Confidence in Practice and Satisfaction by Feedback Types Following Objective Structured Clinical Examination(OSCE) among Nursing Students - Focus on Intermittent Gavage Tube Feeding - vol.22, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2015.22.3.318
- The Influence of Nursing Students' Learning Experience, Recognition of Importance and Learning Self-efficacy for Core Fundamental Nursing Skills on their Self-confidence vol.17, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.8.172
- Cancer Survivorship Care among Oncology Nurses in Korea vol.17, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.5388/aon.2017.17.2.124
- Effects of Open Laboratory Self-directed Practice on Knowledge, Self-confidence, and Skill Competency of Intramuscular Injection vol.17, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.5.412
- Factors Influencing Confidence in Performance Competence of Core Basic Nursing Skills by Nursing Students* vol.22, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2015.22.3.297
- Effects of the Reeducation of Core Fundamental Nursing Skills on Clinical Stress, Critical Thinking Disposition and Self-Confidence in Nursing Skills of Senior Nursing Students vol.22, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.3.283
- Outcomes and influential factors applying flipped learning methods in a clinical adult nursing practicum pp.13227114, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1111/ijn.12724