- Volume 6 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of thermal aging on mechanical properties of laminated lead and natural rubber bearing
- Kim, Dookie (Civil and Environmental Engineering, Kunsan National University) ;
- Oh, Ju (Korean Intellectual Property Office) ;
- Do, Jeongyun (BK21 Plus Glocal Geo-Environmental Engineering Research Team, Kunsan National University) ;
- Park, Jinyoung (Institute of R&D, UNISONeTech Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2013.04.08
- Accepted : 2013.10.26
- Published : 2014.02.25
Laminated rubber bearing is very popular base isolation of earthquake engineering pertaining to the passive structural vibration control technologies. Rubber used in fabricating NRB and LRB can be easily attacked by various environmental factors such as oxygen, heat, light, dynamic strain, and organic liquids. Among these factors, this study carried out thermal aging test to investigate the effect of thermal aging on the mechanical properties of laminated rubber bearings in accelerated exposure condition of
- Kalpakidis, I.V. and Constantinou, M.C. (2009), "Effects of heating on the behavior of lead-rubber bearings. II: Verification of theory", J. Struct. Eng., 135(12), 1450-1461. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0000071
- Deb, S.K. (2004), "Seismic base isolation-an overview", Curr. Sci., 87(10), 1426-1430.
- Gu, H.S. and Itoh, Y. (2010), "Technical papers: ageing behaviour of natural rubber and high damping rubber materials used in bridge rubber bearings", Adv. Struct. Eng., 13(6), 1105-1113. https://doi.org/10.1260/1369-43184.108.40.2065
- Gu, H.S. and Itoh, Y. (2011), "Aging behaviors of natural rubber in isolation bearings", Adv. Mater. Res., 163, 3343-3347.
- Hulme, A. and Cooper, J. (2012), "Life prediction of polymers for industry", Seal. Tech., 2012(9), 8-12.
- Itoh, Y. and Gu, H. (2009), "Prediction of aging characteristics in natural rubber bearings used in bridges", J. Bridge Eng., 14(2), 122-128. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0702(2009)14:2(122)
- Itoh, Y., Gu, H., Satoh, K. and Kutsuna, Y. (2006), "Experimental investigation on ageing behaviors of rubbers used for bridge bearings", JPN. Soc. Civil Eng., 62(1), 176-190.
- Xue, P.F., Mao, D.L. and Wang, J.F. (2011), "The ultimate bearing capacity analysis of PC bridge based on material performance degradation", Adv. Mater. Res., 163, 3391-3400.
- Yang, Q.R., Liu, W.G., He, W.F. and Feng, D.M. (2010), "Tensile stiffness and deformation model of rubber isolators in tension and tension-shear states", J. Eng. Mech., 136(4), 429-437. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)EM.1943-7889.0000007
- Yasaka, A., Mizukoshi, K., Iizuka, M. and Matsunaga, N. (1991), "Failure test of laminated rubber bearing evaluating effect of shape factor on ultimate behaviour : Part 1 Restoring force characteristics", Ann. Meeting Archi. Inst. of Jap. B, Structures I, 599-600.
- Seismic response distribution estimation for isolated structures using stochastic response database vol.9, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2015.9.5.937
- Effects of seismic action and material properties variations on seismic responses of base-isolated nuclear containment structure vol.110, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anucene.2017.08.007
- Development of a modified Mooney-Rivlin constitutive model for rubber to investigate the effects of aging and marine corrosion on seismic isolated bearings vol.16, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11803-017-0417-6