- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Implementation of Under Voltage Load Shedding for Fault Induced Delayed Voltage Recovery Phenomenon Alleviation
- Lee, Yun-Hwan ;
- Park, Bo-Hyun ;
- Oh, Seung-Chan ;
- Lee, Byong-Jun ;
- Shin, Jeong-Hoon ;
- Kim, Tae-Kyun
- Received : 2013.07.23
- Accepted : 2013.10.23
- Published : 2014.03.01
Significant penetration of induction motor loads into residential neighborhood and commercial regions of local transmission systems at least partially determine a vulnerability to a fault induced delayed voltage recovery (FIDVR) event. Highly concentrated induction motor loads with constant torque could stall in response to low voltages associated with system faults. FIDVR is caused by wide spread stalling of small HVAC units (residential air conditioner) during transmission level faults. An under voltage load shedding scheme (UVLS) can be an effective component in a strategy to manage FIDVR risk and limit the any potential disturbance. Under Voltage Load Shedding take advantage of the plan to recovery the voltage of the system by shedding the load ways to alleviation FIDVR.
Fault induced delayed voltage recovery;Under voltage load shedding;Stall phenomenon;Induction motor loads;Locked rotor current
- Mahari, A., "A fast online load shedding method for mitigating FIDVR based on novel stability index", Electrical Engineering (ICEE), 2013 21st Iranian Conference on. May 2013
- N. Lu, B. Yang, Z. Huang, and R. Bravo, "The system impact of air conditioner under-voltage protection schemes," in Proc. IEEE Power Eng. Soc. General Meeting, Jul. 2009.
- Glavic, M, Novosel, D.; Heredia, E.; Kosterev, D. "See It Fast to Keep Calm: Real-Time Voltage Control Under Stressed Conditions", IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, vol. 10, issue 4, July 2012
- "Under voltage Load Shedding Protection", Working Group C-13, System Protection Subcommittee IEEE PES Power System Relaying Committee Draft 4.1
- Robert William Delmerico, Einar Vaughn Larsen, Nicholas W. Miller, Reigh Allen Walling, "Method and apparatus for control of fault-induced delayed voltage recovery (fidvr) with photovoltaic and other inverter-based devices", United State Patent Application Publication, No. US 2012/0049629 A1, 2012.
- Halpin, S.M., Harley, K.A., Jones, Robert A., Taylor, L.Y., "Slope-Permissive Under-Voltage Load Shed Relay for Delayed Voltage Recovery Mitigation", Power Systems, IEEE Transactions, Vol. 23, Issue. 3, p.1211-1216, 2008 https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2008.926409
- Stewart, V., Camm, E.H., "Modeling of stalled motorloads for power system short-term voltage stability analysis", Power Engineering Society General Meeting, IEEE., Vol. 2, p.1887-1892, 2005
- Rui Esteves Araujo, "Induction Motors-Modelling and Control, Role of Induction Motors in Voltage Instability and Coordinated Reactive Power Planning", ISBN 978-953-51-0843-6, INTECH, 2012
- Mingming Du, MinXiao Han, Zhihui Cao; Chu, F., Ei-Kady, M., "Utilizing STATCON to Resolve Delayed Voltage Recovery Problem in SEC-WR", Power and Energy Engineering Conference, APPEEC 2009. Asia-Pacific, 2009.
- Hua Bai, Venkataramana Ajjarapu, "A Novel Online Load Shedding Strategy for Mitigating Fault-Induced Delayed Voltage Recovery", Power Systems, IEEE Transactions on, Vol. 26, Issue. 1, p.294-304, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2010.2047279
- Jeonghoon Shin, Suchul Nam, Jaegul Lee, Young do Choy, Taekyun Kim, Hwachang Song, "Application of Multi-step Under voltage Load Shedding Schemes to the KEPCO System" Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology Vol.4, No.4, p. 476-484, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2009.4.4.476
- Diaz de Leon, J.A., Kehrli, B., "The Modeling Requirements for Short-Term Voltage Stability Studies", Power Systems Conference and Exposition, IEEE PES, 2006
- Pourbeik, P.; Agrawal, B., "A hybrid model for representing air-conditioner compressor motor behavior in power system studies", Power and Energy Society General Meeting - Conversion and Delivery of Electrical Energy in the 21st Century, 2008 IEEE.
- NERC, "Real-Time Application of Synchrophasors for Improving Reliability", October, 2010.
- Philip Irminger, "Air Conditioning Stall Phenomenon. Testing, Model Development, and Simulation", Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition (T&D), 2012 IEEE PES,
- N Lu, YL Xie, Z Huang, "Air Conditioner Compressor Performance Model", Pacific Northwest, August. 2008
- PTI, "PSS/E Program Operational Manual," Vol. 2.
- DSA POWER TOOLS, "TSAT User Manual", TSAT, Power-Tech.
- Ministry Knowledge Economy, "Power consumption map of the country", http://www.mke.go.kr
- P. Kundur, Power System Stability and Control. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1994.
- Hongbin Wu, Hsiao-Dong Chiang, Byoung-Kon Choi, "Slow voltage recovery response of several load models: Evaluation study", IEEE, Power and Energy Society General Meeting - Conversion and Delivery of Electrical Energy in the 21st Century, 2008.
- NERC Transmission Issues Subcommittee and System Protection and Control Subcommittee, "A Technical Reference Paper Fault-Induced Delayed Voltage Recovery", Version 1.2, June, 2009.