- Volume 12 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Policy Implication on the Relation of Social Media & Movie industry : Focusing on Emotional Perception & Audience Trends
소셜미디어와 영화산업 관계의 정책적 함의 연구: 감성인식과 국내 영화 관객추세 분석을 중심으로
- Song, Myung Bean (Director, KT) ;
- Lee, Sang-Ho (School of Digital Media, Design & Culture Contents Research Center, Kyungsung University)
- Received : 2013.12.08
- Accepted : 2014.01.20
- Published : 2014.01.28
This exploratory study deals with the digital policy proposal through emotional perception of real name SNS and WOM effect. Research was based on the audience trends analysis of the movies having official SNS sites and the movies not having official SNS sites among the opened 90 movies in Korea from 2012 to 2013. Therefore, researchers confirmed that the representative real SNS, facebook was utilized as emotional marketing tools and tried to analyze the effectiveness of SNS critically. The research results are the follows. First, the movies to actively utilize facebook showed statistically significant differences in terms of daily, weekly audience and seat share (occupancy ratio). It is indirectly confirmed that real name SNS such as facebook is much effective in WOM marketing. Second, in the daily trends and weekly trends, the movies showed a similar pattern and above all, the movies to actively take advantage of facebook maintained their audience trends. Thus the government and the corporation have to understand the emotional WOM effect of real name SNS for policy effectiveness. Therefore this study gives the contribution practically for boost up the policy effectiveness through emotional ripple WOM effect of the strength of weak tie of real name SNS.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Maxmovie, Movie report, 2013.05.03, http://news.maxmovie.com/movie_info/sha_news_view.asp? newsType=&page=&contain=&keyword=&mi_id=MI0098931634
- S. H. Park, and H. J. Song, Online reviews and Word-of-Mouth Effect on the movie, The Thrist, Journal of Communication Science, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 157-191, 2010.
- S. H. Park, and W. K. Jung, The Determinants of Motion Picture Box Office Performance: Evidence from Movies Released in Korea, 2006-2008, Journal of Communication Science, Vol. 9, No.4, pp. 243-276, 2009.
S. Y. Park, Influence of the Word-of-Mouth Effect through SNS on the Movie Performance-Focused on the Case of
-, Journal of Korea Contents Association, Vol. 12, No.7, pp. 40-53, 2012.
J. H. Ahn, and B. H. Min, Potential of Social Media as a Channel for Film Marketing : Focusing on the Case of the Documentary Film
, Journal of Korea Contents Association, Vol. 11, No.11, pp. 228-241, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.6.228
- S.H. Lee, A Study on the Policy Implication on the Addiction of Social Media Service User : Focusing on the Proposal of Korean SNS Addiction Index (KSAI), Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 255-265, 2013.
- S.H. Lee, Effect of SNS User's Emotional Perception and Flow on Word of Mouth: Focusing on the Facebook User Group, Journal of Marketing Management Research, Vol.18, No.2, pp.1-23, 2013.
- J. M. Linton and G. Jowett, Movie as mass communication, Second Edition. Newbury Park, CA: Sage, 1989.
- T. Saito, Social Media Dynamics, Looops communications, 2011.
- E. Bakshy, Rethinking Information Diversity in Networks, 2012. https://www.facebook.com/notes/facebook-data-science/rethinking-information-diversity-in-networks/10150503499618859.
- M. S. Granovetter, The Strength of Weak Ties, American Journal of Sociology, Vol. 78, No. 6, pp. 1360-1380, 1973. https://doi.org/10.1086/225469
- A change of the public's emotion depending on Temperature & Humidity index vol.12, pp.10, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.10.243