- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Study on Reinforcement Effect of Circular RC Columns by Helical Bar Under Cyclic Lateral Load
반복 횡하중을 받는 원형 철근콘크리트 기둥의 Helical Bar 보강효과에 대한 연구
- 김성겸 (금오공과대학교 토목공학과) ;
- 박종권 (국토교통부 익산지방국토관리청) ;
- 한상희 (한라건설 해외사업본부) ;
- 김병철 (금호산업 토목사업팀) ;
- 장일영 (금오공과대학교 토목환경공학부)
- Received : 2013.06.13
- Accepted : 2013.08.23
- Published : 2014.01.30
In this study, quasi-static according to the displacement-controlled (strain control) method tests on RC columns for seismic reinforcement performance in accordance with the provisions of the seismic design and construction before 1992 design code for highway bridges in korea. Used reinforcement that improves the performance of Inorganic Helical Bar, a kind of alloy steel, circular columns were tested outside the seismic reinforcing. In the experiment, fracture behavior, lateral load-displacement relation, ductility and energy assessment evaluation was performed through tests. The variables in experimental are section force of reinforcement, spiral reinforcement spacing, reinforcement method. Improved seismic performance and effect were confirmed through quasi-static test experiments. The results of study confirmed determination the appropriate size of reinforcement, reinforcement forces, spacing and selection of the type required, furthermore, not only mechanical reinforcement but also substitution of high-strength concrete reinforced with concrete cover improved seismic performance.
- Cho, S. G., So, G. H., Park, W. K. (2013), Investigation of Damping Ratio of Steel Plate Concrete (SC) Shear Wall by Lateral Loading Test & Impact Test, Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, EESK, 17(2), 79-88. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2013.17.2.079
- Chung, Y. S., Park, J. H., Park, H. S. (2002), Seismic Performance Evaluation and Enhancement of Circular Reinforced Concrete Bridge Piers by Pseudo Dynamic test, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, KSCE, 22(3-a), 499-509.
- Design Code for Highway Bridges in Korea (2010), Korea Road & Transportation Association, Appendix (in Korean).
- Han, J. H., Park, C. K., Shim, C. S., Chung, Y. S. (2006), Seismic Performance Evalution of SRC Column by Quasi- Stattic Test, Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, EESK, 10(4), 85-94.
- Jang, I. Y., Kim, S. S., Park, J. K., Kim, S. K. (2011), Anti-seismic Capacity Improvement of Bridge Pier by Nickelhrome Alloy Bar, Journal of Korean society of hazard mitigation, Kosham, 11(5), 1-7.
- Jeon, Y. C. (2001), A Study on the life of reinforced concrete building (focus on the neutralization of concrete and the corrosion of process of reinforcing bar), Kangwon national university, dept. of architectural engineering. 35-39.
- Kim, J. B., Won, Y. S., Cho, C. H. (1999), An Experimental Study on the Structural Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Columns Rehabilitated with Epoxy-Bonded Steel Plates, Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, KSMI, 3(3), 269-277.
- Kim, T. H., Lee, K. M., Chung, Y. S., and Shin, H. M. (2005), Seismic Damage Assessment of Reinforced Concrete Bridge Columns, Engineering Structures, ES, 27(4), 576-592. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2004.11.016
- Lee, J. H. (2011), Evaluation of structural behavior of RC columns strengthened with high-strength steel bars, Sungkyunkwan University. 20-27.
- M. J. N. Priestley, F. Seible, G. M. Calvi (1996), Seismic Design And Retrofit Of Bridges, John Willey and Sons, Inc., New York, 120-125
- Reinhorn, A. M. (1997), Seismic Resistance of Reinforced Concrete Pier with Carbon Fiber Sheet Retrofitting, Nonmetallic Reinforcement for Concrete Structures, JCI, l(1), 571-578.