- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Naturalness Assessment and Feasibility of Urban Stream
도시하천의 자연도평가 및 타당성검토에 관한 연구
- Kim, Kwang-Su (School of Construction Engineering, Kyungil University) ;
- Ahn, Seung-Seop (School of Construction Engineering, Kyungil University)
- Received : 2013.09.12
- Accepted : 2014.01.17
- Published : 2014.01.31
The results which are from naturalness assessment and visual assessment was examined to accomplish a classification, a conclusion, a comparison and an analysis. Also statistical test was examined to identify applicability of the survey to other rivers according to the result of visual assessment. As a result of naturalness assessment and visual assessment, evaluation rate of Geumho river is the highest rank of the grade as 2.5. Also t-test was examined to apply items of visual assessment at other rivers through differences in means of river naturalness rates from which visual assessment results. Most of differences in means of river naturalness rates are significant. Thus assessment criteria can be applied to other rivers to find out unique characteristics because each item has independent characteristics.
Naturalness assessment;Visual assessment;Urban stream
- Ahn, S. S., Jung, D. J., Lee, S. S., Kim, W. S., 2012, Study on the Flow Characteristics at Natural Curved Channel by 2D and 3D Models, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 22(4), 471-478. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2012.21.4.471
- Boon, P.J., 1992, Essential Elements in the Case for River Conservation, in P.J. Boon et al., 1992, River Conservation Management, New York: John Wiley & Sons, 11-33.
- Cho, Y. H., 1997, Development of an Evaluation Method of Stream Naturalness for Ecological Restoration of Stream Corridors, Ph. D. Dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- Eom, T. H., 2011, A Study on the Post-implementation Evaluation for the Close-to-Nature Stream Improvement, Master Thesis, Kyungwon University, Seoul, Korea.
- KICT, 1997, Development of Close-to-Nature River Improvement Techniques Adapted to the Korean Streams Vol. I; Development of Conservation, Rehabilitation, and Creation Techniques of Natural Environment for the Coexistence of Man with Nature, 40, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, K. S., 2012, A Study on Naturalness Evaluation and Feasibility of Urban Stream, Master Thesis, Kyungil University, Daegu, Korea.
- Oh, S. H., 2012, A Study on Naturalness Evaluation after Stream Modifications, Master Thesis, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Korea.
- Otto, Albrecht, 1995, Rheinland-Pfalz Aktion Blau: Gewasserentwicklung in Rheinland-Pfalz, Ministerium fur Umwelt und Forsten, 11-18.
- Park, B. J., 2006, The Evaluation of River Naturalness for Biological Habitat Restoration, Master Thesis, Chungnam University, Daejeon, Korea.
- Park, I. S., 2000, A Study on the Evaluation of River Naturalness for Close-to-River Restoration, Master Thesis, Kyung-Hee University, Seoul, Korea.
- Seong, J. T., 2012, Easy-to-understand Statistical Analysis, Hakjisa, 135-138.
- Yoon, Y. C., 2011, Integrated Environmental Characteristics and Naturalness Assessment of Urban Stream using Geographic Information System(GIS), Master Thesis, Changwon National University, Changwon, Korea.