- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Micro-Bubble Generating Properties on Gas/Liquid Flow Rate Ratio with the Sludge Flotation/Thickening Apparatus
슬러지 부상농축장치의 기·액 유량비에 따른 미세기포 발생 특성
- Lee, Chang-Han (Department of Environmental Administration, Catholic University of Pusan) ;
- Park, Jong-Won (ILSOM Co., Ltd. R&D CENTER) ;
- Ahn, Kab-Hwan (Department of Environmental Administration, Catholic University of Pusan)
- Received : 2013.07.18
- Accepted : 2013.09.10
- Published : 2014.01.31
The sludge flotation/thickening apparatus equipped a micro-bubble generating pump was used to investigate micro-bubble generating properties on operational parameters. We evaluated micro-bubble generating properties as results to be operated the apparatus by operational parameters which are pump discharge pressure, air/water ratio(A/W ratio), air flow rate, and water flow rate. Micro-bubble generating efficiencies in pumps without recycling flow and with 50% of recycling flow was found to be very efficient on optimum A/W ratio from 1.06 to 3.62% and optimum A/W ratio from 1.05 to 4.06%, respectively. In condition of 3.6% of A/W ratio, we showed that the apparatus could be generated 36,000 ppm of micro-bubble concentration to be optimum treatment efficiency in sludge thickening process.
- Bratby, J. R., Ambrose, W. A., 1995, Design and control of flotation thickeners, Wat. Sci. Tech., 31(3-4), 247-261.
- Choi, Y. G., Chung, T. H., 2000, Effects of humus soil on the settling and dewatering characteristics of activated sludge, Wat. Sci. Tech. 42(9), 127-134.
- Cleverson, V. A., Marcos S., Fernando F., 2007, Sludge Treatment and Disposal, IWA Publishing, 78-81.
- Edzwald, J. K., 2010, Dissolved Air Flotation and Me, Wat. Res., 44(7), 2077-2106. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2009.12.040
- Kwak, D. H., Kim, S. J., Lim, Y. H., Flotation Separation of Biological Floc Using the Dissolved Air Flotation Process, J. of the Korean Society of Water and Wastewater, 18(5), 649-655.
- Kim, K. S., 2007, The Present State and Improvement of Sludge Disposal from Sewage Treatment Plants, 29(1), 8-16.
- Park, S. C., Han, M. Y., Dockko, S., Kwon, S. B., 2006, Thickening of Sludge from DAF process by Flotation Application of Solid Flux Theory and Effective Factors, J. of the Korean Society of Water and Wastewater, 20(4), 617-626.
- Rubio, J., Souza, M. L., Smith, R. W., 2002, Overview of flotation as a wastewater treatment technique, Miner. Eng., 15(3), 139-155. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0892-6875(01)00216-3
- Ministry of Environment, 2004, Improvement of Drinking-Water Treatment Plant and Advanced Water Treatment Technology, 63-65.
- Lee, C. H., An, D. M., Kim, S. S., Cho, S. H., Ahn, K. H., 2009a, Pretreatment Condition in the Full Scale Dissolved Air Flotation Process, KSEE, 31(1), 58-63.
- Lee, C. H., Ahn, K. H., 2009b, Effect of Chemical Conditioning on Flotation and Thicken Properties of Sludge using a Microbubble generating Pump, KSEE, 31(8), 641-648.
- An, D. M., Lee, C. H., Choi, Y. C., Cho, S. H., Ahn, K. H., Kim, S. S., 2002, Bubble Concentration and Flotation Efficiency in Domestic DAF Pump, Theories and Applications of Chemical Engineering, 8(1), 1553-1556.