- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Quantitative Assessment of Nonpoint Source Load in Nakdong River Basin
- Kwon, Heon-Gak (Nakdong River Water Environment Research Center, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Lee, Jae-Woon (Nakdong River Water Environment Research Center, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Yi, Youn-Jeong (Nakdong River Water Environment Research Center, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Cheon, Se-Uk (Nakdong River Water Environment Research Center, National Institute of Environmental Research)
- Received : 2013.10.02
- Accepted : 2014.01.16
- Published : 2014.01.31
This study estimates unit for the nonpoint source(NPS), classified according to the existing Level-1(large scale) land cover map, by monitoring the measurement results from each Level-2(medium scale) land cover map, and verifies the applicability by comparison with previously calculated units using the Level-1 land cover map. The NPS pollutant loading for a basin is evaluated by applying the NPS pollutant unit to Dongcheon basin using the Level-2 land cover map. In addition, the BASINS/HSPF(Better Assessment Science Integrating point & Non-point Sources/Hydrological Simulation Program-Fortran) model is used to evaluate the reliability of the NPS pollutant loading computation by comparing the loading during precipitation in the Dongcheon basin. The NPS pollutant unit for the Level-2 land cover map is computed based on precipitation measured by the Sangju observatory in the Nakdong River basin. Finally, the feasibility of the NPS pollutant loading computation using a BASINS/HSPF model is evaluated by comparing and analyzing the NPS pollutant loading when estimated unit using the Level-2 land cover map and simulated using the BASINS/HSPF models.
Nonpoint source;HSPF;Land cover map
- Jewell, T. K., Adrian D. D., 1981, Development of improved stormwater quality models, J. Hydro. Eng., Vol. 107, 150-157.
- Jewell, T. K., Adrian DD., 1982, Statistical analysis to derive improved stormwater quality models, J. Water Poll. Control Fed., Vol. 54, 489-499.
- Kim, S. S., Kim J. S., Bang K. Y., Kwon E. M., Jung U. J., 2002, The Estimation of the Unit Load and Characteristics of Non-Point Source Discharge According to Precipitation in Kyongan, Watershed. J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., Vol. 24, 2019-2027.
- Lee, B. S, Jung Y. J., Park M. J., Gil K. I., 2008, A Study on the Discharge Characteristics of Non-point Pollutant Source in the Agricultural Area of the Kyongan Watershed, J. Korean Soc. on Water Environ, Vol. 24, 169-173.
- Shin, E. S., Choi J. Y., Lee D. H., Estimation of Non-Point Source Pollutant Unit-loads in Surface Runoff Considering Land use and Basin Characteristics, J. Korean Soc. on Water Environ, Vol. 17, 137-146.