- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
From Blemish to Decoration: the Landscape of Municipal Facilities in Urban Green Space
- Yu, Dong-Ming (Department of Landscape Architecture, Shandong Agricultural University) ;
- Piao, Yong-Ji (Horticultural Science and Engineering College, Forestry College, Shandong Agricultural University) ;
- Cho, Tae-Dong (Department of Environmental Landscape Architecture, Gangneung-Wnoju National University) ;
- Park, Gab-Soon (Department of Horticultural Science Kongju National Univeristy)
- Received : 2013.10.02
- Accepted : 2014.01.16
- Published : 2014.01.31
As the combination of technique and art, environmental facilities have the function to improve the image of urban green space. Among these facilities, some can be designed and arranged reasonably. But to the facilities of sewage, electricity and sanitation and so on, are usually ignored and become the blemish in the green space. Based on the analysis of the status, taking the design of well cover of sewage as an example, the landscape approaches are discussed from form, material, color and artistic technique and so on.
Landscape;Green space;Municipal facility;Local culture
- Wu, X. K., Mao, Y. X., Song, C. Y., 2009, Cultural Content and Development Trend for Facilities in Urban Landscape Design, J. Modern Landscape Architecture, 4, 41-43.
- Tao, R., Zhang, F. C., 2004, A Brief Talk of the Urban Environmental Facilities Functions, J. Furniture, Interior Design, 6, 20-22.
- Wang, Z. X., Zhang, F. Y., Liang, H., 2009, Thoughts on Ecological Design in Urban Environmental Facilities, J. Art and Design, 6, 115-117.
- Chen, L. B., Li, B. H., Huang, L., 2009, Discuss on Experience and Revelation of Seoul Urban Landscape Construction, Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 3, 49-53.
- Yu, Z. L., 1990, Urban Environmental Art: Landscape and Facilities, M. Press of Tianjin University.