- Volume 19 Issue 1
One of the recent noticeable evolutions in mobile communication systems is that wideband-codec is deployed rapidly in VoLTE (Voice over Long Term Evolution) service or HD voice. This paper is concerned with next generation HD voice or VoLTE service that is coined to describe high quality communication with super-wideband voice codec. 3GPP EVS (Enhanced Voice Service) Codec is being standardized to develop the super-wideband voice codec. This paper deals with the codec design constraints, performance requirements, the status of standardization, and finally perspective on VoLTE service in future.
- ISO/IEC 23003-3, "Unified speech and audio coding", 2012.04
- 오은미, "음악 및 음성 신호의 융합 압축 기술", 방송공학회, 2011.01
- GSA, "Mobile HD Voice: Global Update report", 2014.01
- GSMA PRD IR.92, "IMS Profile for Voice and SMS v1.0", 2010.03.18
- 오은미, 성호상, 주기현, "Super-HD Voice 서비스용 음성 압축 기술", 대한전자공학회 하계학술대회, 2013.07
- 3GPP TS 26.090, "Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) speech codec; Transcoding functions (Release 11)", 2012.09.
- 3GPP TS 26.190, "Adaptive Multi-Rate -Wideband (AMR-WB) speech codec; Transcoding functions (Release 11)", 2012.09.
- 3GPP Tdoc S4-110710, "EVS-4: EVS design constraints, Version 1.0".
- 3GPP Tdoc S4-130522, "EVS-3: EVS Performance Requirements, Version 1.4".
- Anssi Rämö, Voice quality evaluation of various codecs, Proc. of IEEE ICASSP, 2010 March
- 3GPP Tdoc S4-130292, "EVS Qualification Test Global Analysis Report #2, Complete Results for the Subjective Tests and Results for Terms of Reference Tests".
- ITU-T Recommendation P.800, "Methods for subjective determination of transmission quality", 1996.08.
- 3GPP Tdoc S4-121249, "EVS-5a: Selection Rules for Qualification Phase, Version 1.0".