- Volume 47 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Hydraulic Habitat Analysis of Benthic Macroinvertebrates at Gapyeong Stream
가평천의 저서성 대형무척추동물 서식처의 수리 특성 분석
- Kim, Jin Hong (Dept. of Civil, Environmental & Plant Eng., Chung-Ang University)
- 김진홍 (중앙대학교 공과대학 건설환경플랜트공학과)
- Received : 2013.10.18
- Accepted : 2013.12.09
- Published : 2014.01.31
Hydraulic habitat analysis of Benthic Macroinvertebrates was performed at Gapyeong stream. Among the kinds of the Benthic Macroinvertebrates, the most representative ones are the Ecdyonurus kibunensis from the clingers, Paraleptophlebia cocorata from the swimmers, Chironomidae spp from the burrowers, Psilotreta kisoensis iwata from the sprawlers. They showed different habitat types by the hydraulic conditions such as flow velocity, depth and particle size of riverbed materials. Habitat conditions of swimmers were determined mainly by the flow velocity rather than flow depth or riverbed materials. Burrowers prefer sand and silt, and inhabited at the riverbed. Sprawlers prefer cobble or boulder and inhabited for velocity of 0.05~0.15 m/s. Clingers prefer pebble or cobble and inhabited for velocity of 0.06~0.15 m/s. Although the habitats of each groups are different by the hydraulic properties, they were found to be different mainly by the water velocity.
Supported by : 한국과학재단
- Bae, Y.J., Won, D.H., Hwang, D.H., Jin, Y.H., and Hwang, J.M. (2003). "Community composition and functional feeding groups of aquatic insects according to stream order from the Gapyeong Creek in Gyeonggi-do, Korea." Korean J. Limnol., Vol 36, No. 2, pp. 21-28.
- Fenoglio, S., and Cucco, T.B. (2004). "Small-scale macroinvertebrate distribution in a riffle of a netropical rainforest stream." Caribbean Journal of Science, Vol. 40, No. 2, pp. 253-257.
- Ivan, H., and Biserka, P.H. (2004). "Current velocity and food supply as factors affecting the composition of macroinvertebrates in bryophyte habitats in karst running water." Biologia, Bratislava, Vol. 59, pp. 577-593.
- Kwak, I.S., Song, M.J., and Jeon, T.S. (2004). "The effects of natural disturbances on benthic macro-invertebrate." Korean J. Limnol, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 21-28.
- Lancaster, J., and Hildrew, A.G. (1993). "Flow refugia and the microdistribution of lotic macro-invertebrtes." Journal of the North American Benthlogical Society, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 385-393. https://doi.org/10.2307/1467619
- Lee, S.H., Lee, J.M., Kim, T.W., and Baek, J.P. (2006). "Research paper : the distribution of chironomids by flow mechanisms-numerical computation-." Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 159-165.
- Lee, S.H., Lee, J.M., Park, J.H., and Song, Mi.Y. (2006). "Research paper : The distribution of chironomids by flow mechanisms-numerical computation-." Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 150-158.
- Merigoux, S., and Doledec, S. (2004). "Hydraulic requirements of stream communities: a case study on invertebrates." Freshwater Biology, Vol. 49, pp. 600-613. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2427.2004.01214.x
- Rabeni, C.F., and Minshall, G.W. (1977). "Factors affecting microdistribution of stream benthic insects." Oikos, Vol. 19, pp. 33-43.
- Reice, S.R., and Wohlemberg, M. (1993). "Monitoring freshwater benthic invertebrate communities in New Zealand Rivers." NewZealand Journal ofMarine and Freshwater Research, Vol. 24, pp. 387-409.
- Ward, J.V. (1992). Aquatic insect ecology. Biology and habitat. John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New york.
- Won, D.H., Gwon, S.J., and Jeon, Y.C. (2005). Korean Waterinsect, Ecology Research Group.
- Yoon, I.B., No, T.H., and Lee, S.H. (1990). "Aquatic insect community structure in Gapyeong Creek, Gyeonggi-do, Korea." The Entomological Society of Korea, Vol. 20, 1st article, pp. 41-51.