- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Goodness-of-fit test for the logistic distribution based on multiply type-II censored samples
- Kang, Suk-Bok (Department of Statistics, Yeungnam University) ;
- Han, Jun-Tae (Research Management Team, Korea Student Aid Foundation) ;
- Cho, Young-Seuk (Department of Statistics, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2013.11.20
- Accepted : 2013.12.09
- Published : 2014.01.31
In this paper, we derive the estimators of the location parameter and the scale parameter in a logistic distribution based on multiply type-II censored samples by the approximate maximum likelihood estimation method. We use four modified empirical distribution function (EDF) types test for the logistic distribution based on multiply type-II censored samples using proposed approximate maximum likelihood estimators. We also propose the modified normalized sample Lorenz curve plot for the logistic distribution based on multiply type-II censored samples. For each test, Monte Carlo techniques are used to generate the critical values. The powers of these tests are also investigated under several alternative distributions.
- Balakrishnan, N. (1989). Approximate MLE of the scale parameter of the Rayleigh distribution with censoring. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 38, 355-357. https://doi.org/10.1109/24.44181
- Balakrishnan, N., Kannan, N., Lin, C. T. andWu, S. J. S. (2004). Inference for the extreme value distribution under progressive type-II censoring. Journal of Statistical Computation & Simulation, 74, 25-45. https://doi.org/10.1080/0094965031000105881
- Balakrishnan, N. and Kateri, M. (2008). On the maximum likelihood estimation of parameters of Weibull distribution based on complete and censored data. Statistics & Probability Letters, 78, 2971-2975. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spl.2008.05.019
- Balakrishnan, N., Gupta, S. S., and Panchapakesan, S. (1995). Estimation of the mean and standard deviation of the logistic distribution based on multiply type-II censored samples. Statistics, 27, 127-142. https://doi.org/10.1080/02331889508802516
- Birnbaum, A. and Dudman, J. (1963). Logistic order statistics. The Annals of Mathematical Statistics, 34, 658-663. https://doi.org/10.1214/aoms/1177704178
- Choulakian, V. and Stephens, M. A. (2001). Goodness-of-fit tests for the generalized Pareto distribution. Technometrics, 43, 478-484. https://doi.org/10.1198/00401700152672573
- Cho, Y. S., Lee, J. Y. and Kang, S. B. (1999). A study on distribution based on the transformed Lorenz curve. The Korean Journal of Applied Statistics, 12, 153-163.
- Fei, H., Kong, F. and Tang, Y. (1995). Estimation for two-parameterWeibull distribution and extreme-value distribution under multiply type-II censoring. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, 24, 2087-2104. https://doi.org/10.1080/03610929508831604
- Han, J. T. and Kang, S. B. (2008). Estimation for the double Rayleigh distribution based on multiply type-II censored samples. Communications of the Korean Statistical Society, 15, 367-378. https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2008.15.3.367
- Kang, S. B., Cho, Y. S. and Han, J. T. (2008). Estimation for the half logistic distribution under progressive type-II censoring. Communications of the Korean Statistical Society, 15, 815-823. https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2008.15.6.815
- Kang, S. B. and Cho, Y. S. (2001). A study on distribution based on the normalized sample Lorenz curve. The Korean Communications in Statistics, 8, 185-192.
- Kang, S. B. and Lee, S. K. (2006). Test for the exponential distribution based on multiply type-II censored samples. The Korean Communications in Statistics, 13, 537-550. https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2006.13.3.537
- Kim, Y., Kang, S. B. and Seo, J. I. (2011a). Bayesian estimations on the exponentiated half triangle distribution under type-I hybrid censoring. Journal of Korean Data & Information Science Society, 22, 565-574.
- Kim, Y., Kang, S. B. and Seo, J. I. (2011b). Bayesian estimation in the generalized half logistic distribution under progressively type-II censoring. Journal of Korean Data & Information Science Society, 22, 977-987.
- Kus, C. and Kaya, M. F. (2006). Estimation of parameters of the loglogistic distribution based on progressive censoring using the EM algorithm. Hacettepe Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, 35, 203-211.
- Mathai, A. M. (2003). Order statistics from a logistic distribution and applications to survival and reliability analysis. IEEE Transaction on Reliability, 52, 200-206. https://doi.org/10.1109/TR.2003.813432
- Maswadah, M. (2003). Conditional confidence interval estimation for the inverse Weibull distribution based on censored generalized order statistics. Journal of Statistical Computation & Simulation, 12, 887-898.
- Nelson, W. (1982). Applied life data analysis, New York: Willy.
- Pettitt, A. N. and Stephens, M. A. (1976). Modified Cramer-von Mises statistics for censored data. Biometrika, 63, 291-298.
- Porter III, J. E., Coleman, J. W. and Moore, A. H. (1992). Modified KS, AD, and C-vM tests for the Pareto distribution with unknown location & scale parameters. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 41, 112-117. https://doi.org/10.1109/24.126681
- Puig, P. and Stephens, M. A. (2000). Tests of fit for the Laplace distribution with applications. Technometrics, 42, 417-424. https://doi.org/10.1080/00401706.2000.10485715
- Shin, H. and Lee, K. (2012). Estimation in the exponential distribution under progressive type I interval censoring with semi-missing data. Journal of Korean Data & Information Science Society, 23, 1271-1277. https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2012.23.6.1271
- Estimation for the extreme value distribution under progressive Type-I interval censoring vol.25, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2014.25.3.643
- Comprehensive comparison of normality tests: Empirical study using many different types of data vol.27, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2016.27.5.1399