- Volume 53 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Host Plant, Occurrence, and Oviposition of the Eurytomid wasp Eurytoma maslovskii in Korea
복숭아씨살이좀벌(Eurytoma maslovskii)의 기주, 발생양상 및 산란특성
- Lee, Sung-Min (Department of Plant Medicine, Sunchon National University) ;
- Kim, Se-Jin (Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Yang, Chang Yeol (National Institute of Horticultural and Herbal Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Shin, Jong-Seop (Suncheon City Agriculture Development & Technology Center) ;
- Hong, Ki-Jeong (Department of Plant Medicine, Sunchon National University)
- 이성민 (순천대학교 식물의학과) ;
- 김세진 (서울대학교 농생명공학부) ;
- 양창열 (국립원예특작과학원 원예환경과) ;
- 신종섭 (순천시농업기술센터) ;
- 홍기정 (순천대학교 식물의학과)
- Received : 2014.09.04
- Accepted : 2014.10.30
- Published : 2014.12.01
We investigated the host fruit, seasonal occurrence, and oviposition habits of the eurytomid wasp, Eurytoma maslovskii that cause Japanese apricot fruit drops. This eurytomid wasp was found to occur in Gyeonggi-do, Chungcheongbuk-do, Chungcheongnam-do, Jeollanam-do, and Jeollabuk-do in Korea, and it attacked seeds of Japanese apricot, apricot, and peach. Overwintered larvae were observed until mid April, inside the stone of Japanese apricots. Pupation took place between late March and late April. More than 90% of the adult wasps emerged between late April and early May. The female wasps laid eggs just under the seed coat before endocarp hardening. The length of the wasp ovipositor was at least 5 mm, and hence, the diameters of fruits for oviposition would not exceed 2 cm. We observed up to five eggs per fruit, and the egg stage did not last for more than two days. Newly hatched larvae moved to the embryo, which is the first part that forms in a seed, and feeds on this. Larval competition occurs during this time; in this study, only one larva survived and matured. Thus, from the larva cycle of the wasp, most of the damaged fruits would have fallen by early June, before the harvest period.
Grant : 기후변화에 따른 최근문제해충 복숭아씨살이좀벌의 발생생태 구명 및 방제기술 개발
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Duval, H., Millan, M., 2010. Emergence dates of Eurytoma amygdali Enderlein adults in the south-east of France and control strategy. In: Options Mediterraneennes. Series A. Mediterranean Seminars.
- Kang, S.J., 2009. Cultivation and utilization of Japanese apricot for producers and consumers. Osung Publishing House. 309 pp. (in Korean)
- Kouloussis, N., Katsoyannos, B., 1993. Egg distribution patterns in the almond seed wasp, Eurytoma amygdali. Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 66, 31-38. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1570-7458.1993.tb00689.x
- MIFAFF (Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries), 2012. Key Statistics of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries. (in Korean) www.mafra.go.kr
- Plaut, H., 1971. On the biology of the adult of the almond wasp, Eurytoma amygdali End. (Hym., Eurytomidae), in Israel. Bull. Entomol. Res. 61, 275-281. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0007485300057795
- Plaut, H., 1972. On the biology of the immature stages of the almond wasp, Eurytoma amygdali End. (Hym. Eurytomidae) in Israel. Bull. Entomol. Res. 61, 681-687. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0007485300047519
- RDA (Rural Development Administration), 2001. Plum and Japanese apricort. Handbook of Standard Farming. 111. (in Korean)
- Sheng, M.L., Sun, S.P., Ren, L., Bai, J.L., Wang, X.H, 2002. Eurytoma (Hymenoptera: Eurytomidae) boring into Prunus spp. from China. Forest Pest and Disease in China 21(3), 9-10.
- Tachikawa, T., 1979. Eurytoma maslovskii Nikolskaja newly discovered from Korea (Hymenoptera: Chalcidoidea - Eurytomidae). Trans. Shikoku Ent. Soc. 14(3-4), 181-183.
- Wang, X.N., Zhao, K., Chu, X.M., Li, P., Bao Z.F., Duan, C.H., 2005. Emergence Dynamics of Eurytoma maslovskii and the Forecasting Model. Forest Research 18(1), 95-97.
- Zerova, M.D., Fursov, V.N., 1991. The Palaearctic species of Eurytoma (Hymenoptera: Eurytomidae) developing in stone fruits (Rosaceae: Prunoideae). Bulletin of Entomological Research 81, 209-219. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0007485300051294
- Zhu, Z.J., Tu, Y.H., Pan, G.L., Cao, Y.S., Shu, J.P., 2010. Study on biological properties of Eurytoma maslovskii. Jour. of Zhejiang for Sci. & Tech. 30(5), 38-41.
- Reproduction and Parasitization Capacity of an Insect Parasitic Mite, Pyemotes moseri Yu et Liang (Acarina: Pyemotidae) New to Korea 2015, https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2015.11.0.066
- Damage, Occurrence, and Optimal Control Period of Eurytoma maslovskii Affecting Japanese Apricot (Prunus mume) Fruits in Jeonnam Province vol.54, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2015.06.0.016