- Volume 41 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
왕겨 바이오차 및 음식물쓰레기 바이오차가 밭 사양토에서 상추발아 및 수용성 유기탄소 용출에 미치는 영향 평가
Evaluating germination of lettuce and soluble organic carbon leachability in upland sandy loam soil applied with rice husk and food waste biochar
- 한경화 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 토양비료과) ;
- 장용선 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 토양비료과) ;
- 정강호 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 토양비료과) ;
- 조희래 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 토양비료과) ;
- 손연규 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 토양비료과)
- Han, Kyung-Hwa (Soil and Fertilizer, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Zhang, Yong-Seon (Soil and Fertilizer, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Jung, Kang-Ho (Soil and Fertilizer, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Cho, Hee-Rae (Soil and Fertilizer, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Sonn, Yeon-Kyu (Soil and Fertilizer, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA)
- 투고 : 2014.10.16
- 심사 : 2014.11.12
- 발행 : 2014.12.31
This study was carried out to evaluate the effect of rice husk (RHB) and food waste biochar (FWB) on upland soil with sandy loam texture, in terms of physico-chemical analysis, lettuce seed germination test, and orgainc carbon leaching experiment. RHB and FWB had different physico-chemical properties each other. Carbon to nitrogen ratio (C/N ratio) of RHB was 32, showing two times higher than that of FWB. FWB had high salt and heavy metal content, compared to RHB. This is probably due to different ingredients and production processing between two biochars each other. Results of germination test with Lettuce showed lower germination rate when FWB was applied because of higher salt concentration compared to control and RHB. Organic carbon leaching test using saturated soil column (
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 국립농업과학원
- Bolan NS, Adriano DC, De-la-Luz M. 2004. Dynamics and environmental significance of dissolved organic matter in soil. SuperSoil 2004: 3rd Australian New Zealand Soils Conference, 5-9 December 2004, University of Sydney, Australia.
- Butnan S, Deenik JL, Toomsan B, Antal MJ, Viyakon. 2015. Biochar characteristics and application rates affecting corn growth and properties of soils contrasting in texture and mineralogy. Geoderma 237-238:105-116. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geoderma.2014.08.010
- Cao J, Tao S, Li BG. 1999. Leaching kinetics of water soiluble organic carbon from upland soil. Chemosphere 39(11): 1771-1780. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-6535(99)00071-5
- FAO. 1985. Crop salt tolerance data.
- Gaskin JW, Speir RA, Harris K, Das KC, Dewey R, Morris LA, Fisher DS. 2010. Effect of peanut hull and pine chip biochar on soil nutrients, corn nutrient status, and yield. Agronomy Journal 102(2):623-633. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj2009.0083
- Ghosh U, Gilette JS, Luthy RG, Zare RN. 2000. Microscale location, characterization, and association of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons on harbor sediment particles. EEnvironmental Science & Technology 34:1729-1736. https://doi.org/10.1021/es991032t
- Glaser B, Haumaier L, Guggenberger G, Zech W. 2001. The "Terra Preta" phenomenon: A model for sustainable agriculture in the humid tropics. Naturwissenschaften 88:37-41. https://doi.org/10.1007/s001140000193
- Hossain MK, Strezov V, Chan KY, Nelson PF. 2010. Agronomic properties of wastewater sludge biochar and bioavailability of metals in production of cherrytomato (Lycopersicon esculentum). Chemosphere 78:1167-1171. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2010.01.009
- Jeong SJ, Oh JS, Seok WY, Cho MY. 2008. The effect of treatment of woody charred materials on the growth and components of tomato and Chinese cabbage. Korean Journal of organic agriculture 16(4):455-469.
- Kaiser K, Guggenberger G, Zech W. 2001. Organically bound nutrients in dissolved organic matter fractions in seepage and pore water of weakly developed forest soils. Acta Hydrochimica et Hydrobiologica 28:411-419. https://doi.org/10.1002/1521-401X(20017)28:7<411::AID-AHEH411>3.0.CO;2-D
- Lehmann J, da Silva JP, Steiner C, Nehls T, Zech W, Glaser B. 2003. Nutrient availabillity and leaching in an archaeological Anthrosol and a Ferralsol of the central Amazon basin: Fertilizer, manure and charcoal amendments. Plant Soil 249: 343-357. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1022833116184
- Lehmann J, Gaunt J, Rondon M. 2006. Bio-char sequestration in terrestrial ecosystems - a review. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change 11, 403-427. DOI: 10.1007/s11027-005-9006-5. 2.6 NACP, Greenbelt, MD. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11027-005-9006-5
- Liang B, Lehmann J, Solomon D, Kinyangi J, Grossman J, O'Neill B, Skjemstad O, Thies J, Luizao FJ, Petersen J, Neves EG. 2006. Black carbon increases cation exchange capacity in soils. Soil Science Society of America Journal 70:1719-1730. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj2005.0383
- Major J, Lehmann J, Rondon M, Goodale C. 2009. Fate of soil-applied black carbon: downward migration, leaching and soil respiration. Global Change Biology.
- Nguyen BT, Lehmann J, Kinyangi J, Smernik R, Riha SJ, Engelhard MH. 2008. Long-term black carbon dynamcis in cultivated soil. Biogeochemistry 89:295-308. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10533-008-9220-9
- NIAST. 2000. The method of soil and plant analysis.
- RDA. 2010. The guideline for quality test and sampling of fertilizer.
- Schmidt MWI, Noack AG. 2000. Black carbon in soils and sediments: Analysis, distribution, implications, and current challenges. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 14:777-793. https://doi.org/10.1029/1999GB001208
- Singh BP, Cowie AL. 2008. Decomposition of biochars in soil (vertisol) and their turnover time - an important factor affecting the greenhouse balance, Conference of the International Biochar Initiative - Biochar, Sustainability and Security in a Changing Climate, Newcastle, United Kingdom, September 8-10, 2008.
- Yun BK, Park IJ, Yoo YK, Hou WN, Kim BW, Kim YW. 2004. The effect of application levels of wood charcoal powder on onion (Allium cepa L.) growth and soil physico-chemical properties. The Korean Journal of International Agriculture 16(2): 162-167.