- Volume 17 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
CFD Analysis of a Concept of Nuclear Hybrid Heat Pipe with Control Rod
원자로 제어봉과 결합된 하이브리드 히트파이프의 CFD 해석
- Jeong, Yeong Shin (UNIST, School of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering) ;
- Kim, Kyung Mo (UNIST, School of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering) ;
- Kim, In Guk (UNIST, School of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering) ;
- Bang, In Cheol (UNIST, School of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering)
- 정영신 (울산과학기술대학교, 기계 및 원자력공학부) ;
- 김경모 (울산과학기술대학교, 기계 및 원자력공학부) ;
- 김인국 (울산과학기술대학교, 기계 및 원자력공학부) ;
- 방인철 (울산과학기술대학교, 기계 및 원자력공학부)
- Received : 2014.09.23
- Accepted : 2014.10.06
- Published : 2014.12.01
After the Fukushima accident in 2011, it was revealed that nuclear power plant has the vulnerability to SBO accident and its extension situation without sufficient cooling of reactor core resulting core meltdown and radioactive material release even after reactor shutdown. Many safety systems had been developed like PAFS, hybrid SIT, and relocation of RPV and IRWST as a part of steps for the Fukushima accident, however, their applications have limitation in the situation that supply of feedwater into reactor is impossible due to high pressure inside reactor pressure vessel. The concept of hybrid heat pipe with control rod is introduced for breaking through the limitation. Hybrid heat pipe with control rod is the passive decay heat removal system in core, which has the abilities of reactor shutdown as control rod as well as decay heat removal as heat pipe. For evaluating the cooling performance hybrid heat pipe, a commercial CFD code, ANSYS-CFX was used. First, for validating CFD results, numerical results and experimental results with same geometry and fluid conditions were compared to a tube type heat pipe resulting in a resonable agreement between them. After that, wall temperature and thermal resistances of 2 design concepts of hybrid heat pipe were analyzed about various heat inputs. For unit length, hybrid heat pipe with a tube type of
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Mochizuki, M., Nguyen, T., Singh, R., Nguyen, T., Sugihara, S., Mashiko, K., Saito, Y., and Wuttijumnong, V., 2011, "Nuclear Reactor Must Need Heat Pipe for Cooling", Frontiers in Heat Pipes, Vol. 2,033001.
- Reav, D. A., Kew, P. A., 2006, "Heat Pipes", Elsevier, Atlanta, pp 29-30.
- Singh, R, Mochizuki, M., 2011, "Heat Pipe Based Emergency Cooling System for Removing Decay Heat from Nuclear Power Reactor and Spent Fuel Pool", Japan Association of Heat Pipe Meeting, Tokyo, Japan.
- Mochizuki, M., Singh, R., and Nguyen, T, 2014, "Heat Pipe Based Passive Emergency Core Cooling System For Safe Shtudown of Nuclear Power Reactor", Applied Thermal Engineering, doi:10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2014 .07.004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2014.07.004
- Sviridenko, I. I., 2008, "Heat Exchangers Based on Low Temperature Heat Pipes for Autonomous Emergency WWER Cooldown Systems", Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 28, pp. 327-334. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2006.02.033
- 남경호, 박준석, 김상녕, 2013, 다발형 써모사이폰을 적용한 APR1400 격납건물 피동냉각계통 개념설계, 대한기계학회 2013년도 학술대회, pp. 3434-3439.
- Mwaba, M. G., Huang, X., and Gu, J., 2006, "Influence of Wick Characteristics on Heat Pipe Performance", International Journal of Energy Research, Vol. 30, pp. 489-499. https://doi.org/10.1002/er.1164
- ANSYS, 2012, "ANSYS CFX user guide".
- from google image.