- Volume 18 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Pink Mold Rot on Apple (Malus pumila var. dulcissima Koidz.) Caused by Trichothecium roseum (Pers.) Link ex Gray in Korea
Trichothecium roseum에 의한 사과 분홍빛열매썩음병 발생
- Received : 2014.11.18
- Accepted : 2014.12.20
- Published : 2014.12.31
In 2012, a pink mold rot was observed on apple (Malus pumila var. dulcissima Koidz.) at the Wholesale Market for Agricultural Products, Jinju, Korea. The first symptom of pink mold rot on apple fruit is a water-soaked appearance of the affected tissue and surface fruit formed pink mold rot, then became brown and produced a mass of powdery pink conidia spores. Colony was fast growing colonies, pinksh, zonate in diurnal rhythm, powdery from conidia. Optimum temperature for mycelial growth was
Apple;Malus pumila var. dulcissima;Pink mold rot. Trichothecium roseum
- Bello G. D. (2008) First report of Trichothecium roseum causing postharvest fruit rot of tomato in Argentina. Australasian Plant Dis. Notes 3:103-104. https://doi.org/10.1071/DN08041
- Domsch, K. H., W. Gams and T. H. Anderson (1980) Compendium of soil fungi. Vol. 1. Academic Press. 859 pp.
- Han, K. S., S. C. Lee, J. S., Lee and J. W. Soh (2013) First Report of Pink Mold Rot on Tomato Fruit Caused by Trichothecium roseum in Korea. Res. Plant Dis. 18:396-398. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2012.18.4.396
- Incio C. A., R. C. Pereira-Carvalho and F. G. A. Morgado (2011) A tomato fruit rot caused by Trichothecium roseum in Brazil. Plant Dis. 95:1318.
- Kwon, J. H., H. S. Lee, S. L Choi, Y. C. Cho, O. H. Choi, H. S. Cho and C. K. Shim (2013) Pink mold rot on asian pear (Pyrus serotina Rehder) caused by Trichothecium roseum (Pers.) Link ex Gray in Korea. Korean J. Organic Agri. 21: 373-380. (In Korean). https://doi.org/10.11625/KJOA.2013.21.3.373
- Kwon, J. H., S. S. Shen and J. W. Kim (2010) Occurrence of pink mold rot of strawberry caused by Trichothecium roseum in Korea. Plant Pathology J. 26:296 (In Korean). https://doi.org/10.5423/PPJ.2010.26.3.296
- Kwon, J. H., S. W. Kang, J. T. Lee, H. K. Kim and C. S. Park (1998) Matured fruit Cucumis melo caused by Trichothecium roseum (Pers.) Link ex Gray in Korea. Plant Pathology J. 14:642645 (In Korean).
- Nakada and Dakimoto. 1928. Korea's Chosun Dynasty Kwonup Mobeomjang Research Report, 15:122 pp. (In Korean).
- Park, J. S. (1961) Fungous Diseases of Plants in Korea (2). Bulletin No. 2, p. 12. College of Agriculture, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Korea.
- Summerbell, R. C., C. Gueidan, H. J. Schroers, G. S. de Hoog, M. Starink, Y. A. Rosete, J. Guarro and J. A. Scott (2011) Acremonium phylogenetic overview and revision of Gliomastix, Sarocladium, and Trichothecium. Stud. Mycol. 68:139-162. https://doi.org/10.3114/sim.2011.68.06
- The Korean Society of Plant Pathology. 2009. List of plant diseases in Korea, 5th ed., 853 pp. (in Korean).
- White, T. J., T. D. Bruns, S. Lee and J. Taylor (1990) Amplification and direct sequencing of fungal ribosomal RNA genes for phylogenetics. In: PCR Protocols: A guide to methods and applications, ed. by Innis, M. A., D. H. Gelfand, J. J. Sninsky, and T. J. White, pp. 315-322. Academic Press, Inc., New York.
- Jr. Welch A. W., S. F. Jr. Jenkins, and C. W. Averre (1975) Trichothecium fruit rot on greenhouse tomatoes in North Carolina. Plant Dis. Rep. 59:255-257.
- Antifungal Activity of Bacillus Subtilis HK2 against Trichothecium Roseum Causing Pink Rot of Melon and White Stain Symptom on Grape vol.29, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2016.29.1.039
- High Humidity and Age-Dependent Fruit Susceptibility Promote Development of Trichothecium Black Spot on Apple vol.103, pp.2, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1094/PDIS-05-18-0734-RE
Supported by : 국립농업과학원