- Volume 18 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effects of Repetitive using Lime Bordeaux Mixture in the Copper Concentration of the Soil and Ginseng Root
석회보르도액 반복 사용이 토양과 인삼 체내 구리농축에 미치는 영향
- Jung, Won-Kwon ;
- Ahn, Deok-Jong ;
- Choi, Jin-Kook ;
- Ryu, Tae-Suk ;
- Jang, Myeong-Hwan ;
- Kwon, Tae-Ryong ;
- Park, Jun-Hong ;
- Park, Sang-Jo
- Received : 2014.10.10
- Accepted : 2014.11.02
- Published : 2014.12.31
Three type of Lime Bordeaux mixture (LBM) that has been used since 1800's for control plant disease are used for eco-friendly ginseng (Panax ginseng) disease control. But it was restricted the use in the crops cultivation in some countries of Europe recently, because there is a possibility that the copper component is concentrated in the soil and plants with using LBM containing copper. According to the concentration and number of LBM spraying treatment, it was investigated copper and other components in soil and ginseng root. In case of LBM sprayed 33 times for three years, copper concentration was increased up to 75.9 ppm in the soil. However copper concentration of ginseng root was increased with 9.9~23.0 mg/kg in comparison with 8.38~11.39 mg/kg at LBM non-treatment. It has shown that the copper components can be concentrated to in the soil if used continuously in the long term.
Copper;Ginseng;Lime Bordeaux Mixture (LBM);Residue
- Bae, Y. J, M. H. Kim and J. Y. Yeon (2012) Evaluation of dietary zinc, copper, manganese and selenium intake in female university students. Korean J Community Nutr. 17:146-155 https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2012.17.2.146
- Clark and Judson F. (1902) On the toxic properties of some copper compounds with special reference to Bordeaux mixture. Botanical gazette. 33:26-48. https://doi.org/10.1086/328192
- Hyun, J. W., S. W. Ko, D. H. Kim, S. G. Han, H. S. Kim, H. M. Kwon and H. C. Lim (2005) Effective usage of copper fungicides for environment-friendly control of citrus diseases. Res. Plant Dis. 11:115-121 https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2005.11.2.115
- Jung W. K., D. J. Ahn, J. K Choi., M. H. Jang and T. R. Kwon (2013) Effect of spraying lime-Bordeaux mixture as concentration and appling time series on growth and disease occurrence of three-year-old ginseng (Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer). Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 21: 174-178. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2013.21.3.174
- Lee, K. S. (1980). A survey of pesticide residues of citrus fruits and citrus orchard soil in Jeju Island. J. Korean Agricultural Chemical Society. 23:184-188.
- Lee, S. W., G. S. Kim, D. Y. Hyun, Y. B. Kim, S. W. Kang and S. W. Cha (2010). Effects of spraying lime-Bordeaux mixture on yield, ginsenoside and 70% ethanol extract contents of 3-Year-Old ginseng in Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 18:244-247.
- Lee, S. W., G. S. Kim, K. C. Park, S. H. Lee, I. B. Jang, J. Eo and S. W. Cha (2012). Growth characteristics and ginsenosides content of 4-year-old ginseng by spraying lime-Bordeaux mixture in Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 20:89-93. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2012.20.2.089
- Ministry of Environment. (2003) Soil environmental conservation act. 3-23. http://www.me.go.kr
- Moolenaar, S. W. and P. Beltrami (1998) Heavy metal balances of an Italian soil as affected by sewage sludge and Bordeaux mixture applications. Journal of environmental quality. 27:828-835.
- Park S. W., J. S. Yang, S. W. Ryu, D. Y. Kim, J. D. Shin, W. I. Kim, J. H. Choi, S. L. Kim and A. F. Saint (2009) Uptake and translocation of heavy metals to rice plant on paddy soils in "Top-Rice" cultivation areas. Korean Journal of Environmental Agriculture. 28:131-138. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2009.28.2.131
- National Academy of Agricultural Science (2000) The Method of the Soil and Plant.
- 望月武雄, 千葉滋男, 花田 慧 and 濟藤 寬 (1975) 農藥の撒布によって重金屬類の蓄積したりソゴ園土壤の動物生態學的硏究. 日本土壤肥料學雜誌. 46:45-50
Supported by : 농촌진흥청