- Volume 18 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Uptake of Boscalid and Chlorfenapyr Residues in Soil into Korean Cabbage
토양에 잔류된 Boscalid 및 Chlorfenapyr의 엇갈이 배추로의 흡수 이행
- Received : 2014.11.26
- Accepted : 2014.12.14
- Published : 2014.12.31
The uptake and transportation patterns of the residual boscalid and chlorfenapyr were investigated from the soils to Korean cabbages. The recovery rates of the pesticides spiked in the soils and Korean cabbages were 87.5 to 105.2%. Korean cabbages were cultivated in soils treated with two different concentrations of the pesticides as low (3.0 mg/kg) and high (6.0 mg/kg) concentrations in greenhouse for 28 days. The initial level of boscalid was determined as 2.77 and 5.66 mg/kg for the low and high concentration of boscalid-treated soils, respectively. After 28 days of treatment, the residual boscalid in soils decreased to 0.53 and 1.60 mg/kg for the low and high concentration of boscalid-treated soils, respectively, and thus it was reduced to 71.7 to 81.9%. The initial level of chlorfenapyr was determined as 2.38 and 6.43 mg/kg for the low and high concentration of chlorfenapyr-treated soils, respectively. After 28 days of treatment, the residual chlorfenapyr in soils decreased to 1.36 and 2.91 mg/kg for the low and high concentration-treated soils, respectively, and thus it was reduced to 42.9 to 54.8%. The residual pesticide analysis was done with 2 day intervals from 21 days-cultivated Korean cabbages after seeding. Uptake rates of boscalid from the soil to Korean cabbages were 2.4 and 2.2% for the low- and high-concentration of boscalid-treated soil, respectively. However, the uptake rate of chlorfenapyr by the cabbages was 1.5 and 1.3% for the low and high concentration-treated soil, respectively. The uptake rate of chlorfenapyr by the cabbages was lower than that of boscalid. These results showed that the residual pesticides in soil could be absorbed by Korean cabbages depending on their physicochemical properties.
boscalid;chlorfenapyr;Korean cabbage;pesticide-remained soil;plant uptake
- Ahn J. W., Y. H. Jeon, J. I. Hwang, H. Y. Kim, J. H. Kim, D. H. Jeong and J. E. Kim (2012) Monitoring of pesticide residue and risk assessment for fruit vegetables and root vegetables of environment-friendly certificated and general agricultural products. Kor. J. Environ. Agric. 31(2):164-169. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2012.31.2.164
- Collins C., M. Fryer and A. Grosso (2006) Plant Uptake of Non-Ionic Organic Chemicals. Environ. Sci. Technol. 40(1):45-52. https://doi.org/10.1021/es0508166
- Fantke P. and R. Juraske (2013) Variability of Pesticide Dissipation Half-Lives in Plants. Environ. Sci. Technol. 47(8):3548-3562. https://doi.org/10.1021/es303525x
- Garcia L., C. Bedos, S. Genermont, P. Benoit, E. Barriuso and P. Cellier (2014) Modeling Pesticide Volatilization: Testing the Additional Effect of Gaseous Adsorption on Soil Solid Surfaces. Environ. Sci. Technol. 48(9):4991-4998. https://doi.org/10.1021/es5000879
- Hwang J. I., S. O. Jeon, S. H. Lee, S. E. Lee, J. H. Hur, K. R. Kim and J. E. Kim (2014) Distribution Patterns of Organophosphorous Insecticide Chlorpyrifos Absorbed from Soil into Cucumber. Environ Kor. J. Pesti. Sci. 18(3):148-155. https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2014.18.3.148
- Juraske R., C. S. M. Vivas, A. E. Velsquez, G. G. Santos, M. B. B. Moreno, J. D. Gomez, C. R. Binder, S. Hellweg and J. A. G. Dallos (2011) Pesticide Uptake in Potatoes: Model and Field Experiments. Environ. Sci. Technol., 45(2), 651-657. https://doi.org/10.1021/es102907v
- Kim J. Y., S. M. Lee, H. J. Lee, M. I. Chang, N. S. Kang, N. S. Kim, H. J. Kim, Y. J. Cho, J. Y. Jeong, M. K. Kim and G. S. Rhee (2014) Monitoring and Risk Assessment of Pesticide Residues for Circulated Agricultural Commodities in Korea-2013. J. Appl. Biol. Chem. 57(3):235-242. https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2014.037
- Kim H. Y., Y. H. Jeon, J. I. Hwang, J. H. Kim, J. W. Ahn, D. H. Jeong and J. E. Kim (2011) Monitoring of pesticide residue and risk assessment for cereals and leafy vegetables of certificated and general agricultural products. Kor. J. Environ. Agric. 30(4):440-445. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2011.30.4.440
- Korea Crop Protection Association (2014) Agrochemicals Use Guide Book. Korea Crop Protection Association, Korea, pp. 132, 668-669.
- Park H. J., J. H. Choi, B. J. Park, C. S. Kim, Y. B. Ihm and G. H. Ryu (2004) Uptake of endosulfan and procymidone from arable soil by several vegetables I (green house study). Kor. J. Pesti. Sci. 8(4):20-287.
- Lee J. H., H. W. Park, Y. S. Keum, C. H. Kwon, Y. D. Lee and J. H. Kim (2008) Dissipation Pattern of Boscalid in Cucumber under Greenhouse Condition. Kor. J. Pestic. Sci. 12(1):67-73.
- Lee K. S. (2010) Behavior of Pesticides in Soil. Kor. J. Pestic. Sci. 14(3):303-317.
- Lu M. X., W. W. Jiang, J. L, Wang, Q. Jian, Y. Shen, X. J. Liu and X. Y. Yu (2014) Persistence and Dissipation of Chlorpyrifos in Brassica Chinensis, Lettuce, Celery, Asparagus Lettuce, Eggplant, and Pepper in a Greenhouse. PLoS ONE 9(6): doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0100556. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0100556
- Macbean C. (2012) The pesticide manual, 16th ed.; British Crop Production Council: Alton, Hampshire, UK, pp. 122-123, 176-177.
- Marin A., J. Oliva, C. Garcia, S. N. Navarro AND A. Baraba (2003) Dissipation Rates of Cyprodinil and Fludioxonil in Lettuce and Table Grape in the Field and under Cold Storage Conditions. J. Agric. Food Chem. 51:4708-4711. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf021222e
- Ministry of Environment (2014) Soil Environment Protection Law enforcement regulations. Ministry of Environment, Korea.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (2012a) Monitoring of pesticide residues in agricultural commodities-2012, Ministry Food and Drug Safety: Korea.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (2012b) MRLs for Pesticides in Foods. Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Korea, pp. 244-245.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (2013) Korean Food Standards Codex Pesticide Analytical Manual 4th ed., Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Korea, pp. 92-105, 287-293.
- Park B. J., J. H. Lee (2011) Worker Exposure and Volatilization Pattern of Cadusafos, Ethoprophos and Probenazole after Applying Granular Type Formulation on Soil in Greenhouse. Korean J Environ Agric. 30(2):160-165. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2011.30.2.160
- Paterson S. and D. Mackay (1994) A Model of Organic Chemical Uptake by Plants from Soil and the Atmosphere. Environ. Sci. Technol. 28:2259-2266. https://doi.org/10.1021/es00062a009
- Rural Development Administration (2000) Physicochemical properties of soil, In Analytical method for soil and plant; Ihm, J.N.; Sam Mi: Suwon, Republic of Korea, pp. 103-130.
- Plant Uptake and Distribution of Endosulfan and Its Sulfate Metabolite Persisted in Soil vol.10, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0141728
- Residual Characteristics of Bistrifluron and Fluopicolide in Korean Cabbage for Establishing Pre-Harvest Residue Limit vol.19, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2015.19.4.361
- Reduction Effects of Residual Pesticides using the Eco-friendly Soil Amendments in Agricultural Soil vol.20, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2016.20.4.312
- Comparison of theoretical and experimental values for plant uptake of pesticide from soil vol.12, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0172254
- Translocation of Residual Tricyclazole from Soil to Lettuce vol.21, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2017.21.3.254
- Uptake and Translocation of the Soil Residual Pesticides into the Vegetable Crop vol.21, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2017.21.3.298
- Translocation of Residual Azoxystrobin from Soil to Korean Cabbage vol.21, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2017.21.4.427
- Translocation of residual tricyclazole from soil to Korean cabbage vol.60, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2017.047
- Absorption of soil residual azoxystrobin to lettuce vol.60, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2017.054
- Residual Level of Chlorpyrifos in Lettuces Grown on Chlorpyrifos-Treated Soils vol.8, pp.12, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/app8122343
Grant : 작물재배환경 중 중금속, 농약 등 유해물질 관리방안 연구
Supported by : 농촌진흥청