- Volume 29 Issue 6
Recently unemployed construction workers are increasing because of construction recession. But the lack of manpower occurs at the same time, in construction sites. So, the excess of workforce supply and demand exists in construction sites. Construction companies have a difficulty in seeking young skilled workers due to this problem. In this study, construction accidents reported by Korean Occupational Safety and Health Agency from 2007 to 2010 were analyzed. It has shown that 50-54, 45-49 and 55-59 year old workers formed 22%, 18% and 17% respectively. This means that old workers becomes a real problem in construction. This research has shown that old workers didn't have much more accidents than young workers, construction accidents related to the employment period of workers.
accident analysis;safety consciousness survey;old construction worker;manpower;workforce
- G. B. Shim, "The Demand-supply Situation and the Old Age Aspect of Construction Craft Workers", Construction Economy Research Institute of Korea, pp.69-74, 2001.
- G. B. Shim, "Age of Limitless Competition, 5-5-5 Survival Strategy through Workforce Management in the Construction Industry", Construction Economy Research Institute of Korea, pp. 60-68, 2007.
- S. R. Kim, "Methods to Ensure the Safety about Older Workers in the Construction Sites - Focusing the Plant Sites -", Seoul National University of Science and Technology, pp.15-23, 2011.
- S. R. Chang and E. A. Kim, "Safety Management Measures for Aging Time - In Busan -" Pukyong National University, pp.85-95, 2002.
- Census Statistics, Bureau of Statistics, 2002-2010.
- Analysis of Industrial Accidents, Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency, 2007-2010.