- Volume 29 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Development of an Electrostatic Eliminator and Evaluating Method of Explosion-Protection Construction
방폭형 제전기의 개발 및 평가방법에 관한 연구
- Choi, Sang-Won (Occupational Safety Research Department, Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, KOSHA)
- 최상원 (한국산업안전보건공단 산업안전보건연구원)
- Received : 2014.11.14
- Accepted : 2014.12.17
- Published : 2014.12.31
Electrostatic eliminators are essential in various areas of manufacturing industries to protect electrostatic hazards and to reduce inferior products. For ion sources used in the charge neutralizers, there are corona discharge, soft X-ray, and ultraviolet and glow discharge. Among them, corona discharge is generally used, because the corona discharge can easily and economically produce positive and negative ions including electrons in air at atmospheric pressure. But it is necessary to equip explosion-protection electrostatic eliminators wherever hazardous atmosphere. The electrostatic eliminators and their testing method of explosion-protection type have been developed in this research. The contents and scope of the research as follows; developing the type 'Ex s IIB T4' electrostatic eliminator of explosion-protection; developing the type 'Ex s d IIB T4' electrostatic eliminator of explosion-protection; developing the explosion-protection performance testing method of electrostatic eliminator for using AC power source.
- D. -H. Kim et. al., "Electrostatic Safety", Donghwa Publication. pp. 262-264, 2001.
- H. -S Lee and D. -H Lee, "Development of a Soft X-Ray Ionizer for the Elimination of Static Electricity of Particles", Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, pp. 90-101, 1999.
- A. Ohsawa, "Neutralization of Static Charge by an Atmospheric Pressure Glow Discharge", Korea-Japan Jointed Seminar, pp. 45-51, 2003.
- T. Suzuki et. al., "Corona Discharge Characteristics of Electrostatic Eliminator Consisting of Needles Coupled with HV power Source via Resistors/Capacitors and Needles Grounded", Proceeding of Journal of Electrostatic, pp. 420-432, 1990.
- Y. Tabata et. al., "Safety Control of Incendiary Discharge Occurring from Electrostatic Reducer of Corona Type", Proceeding of Journal of Electrostatic, pp. 251-254, 1987.
- Y. Tabata et. al., "Safety Control of Incendiary Discharge Occurring from High-Frequency Electrostatic Eliminator of Corona Type", Proceeding of Journal of Electrostatic, pp. 383-386, 1988.
- Recommended Practice for Explosion-Protecting Construction, Performance and Testing Method of AC Electrostatic Eliminator, ISSN 0111-8063, Research Institute of Industrial Safety of Japan, 1991.
- S.- W. Choi, "Development of an Electrostatic Eliminator and Testing Method of Explosion-Protection Construction", Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, 2005.
- S.- W. Choi and T.- S Kim, "Explosion Proof Technology and Evaluation Method of Electrostatic Eliminator for AC Voltage Supply", Spring Conference of The Korean Society Safety, pp. 136-141. 2003.
- Related Laws and Performance Criteria for Public Service Drones for Disaster Safety vol.31, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2016.31.4.150