- Volume 23 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Influencing Factors on Practice of Healthcare-associated Infection Control among Clinical Nurses
임상간호사의 의료 관련감염 관리실천 영향요인
- Yun, Ji-Young (Chosun University Hospital) ;
- Kim, Sun-Ok (Graduate School of Chosun University) ;
- Kim, In-Sook (Department of Nursing, Chosun University)
- Received : 2014.06.12
- Accepted : 2014.08.26
- Published : 2014.11.30
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to identify the factors influencing on practice of healthcare-associated infection control among clinical nurses. Methods: The subject of this study were 118 nurses who worked in medical surgical ward and ICU of 2 general hospital in Gwangju city. Data were collected with a questionnaire. Data were analysed using descriptive statistics, t-test, one-way ANOVA, Scheff
- Aragon, D., & Sole, M. L. (2006). Implementing best practice strategies to prevent infection in the ICU. Critical Care Nursing Clinics of North America, 18(4), 441-452. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ccell.2006.08.003
- Askarian, M., Memish, Z. A., & Khan, A. A. (2007). Knowledge, practice, and attitude among Irianian nurses, midwives and students regarding standard isolation precautions. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol, 28(2), 241-244. https://doi.org/10.1086/510868
- Choi, A. L. (2005). Recognition and performance of the clinical nurses about the management of nosocomial infection. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Choi, M. A. (2002). A study on the levels of recognition and performance of the clinical nurses about the management of nosocomial infection. Unpublished master's thesis, Chung-Ang University, Seoul.
- Choi, M. H. (2003). The relationship between the awareness and performance regarding to infection management and the psychological empowerment of operating room nurses. Unpublished master's thesis, Ajou University, Suwon.
- Department of Health and Human Services. (2005). Guidelines of Nosocomial Infection Prevention and Control. Seoul.
- Gardam, M. A., Lemieux, C., Reason, P., van Dijk, M., & Goel, V. (2009). Health care-associated infections as patient safety indicators. Healthcare Papers, 9(3), 8-24.
- Golan, Y., Doron, S., Griffth, J., Gamal, H., Tanios, M., & Blunt, K., et al. (2006). The impact of gown-use requirement on hand hygiene compliance. Clinical Infectious Disease, 42(1), 370-376. https://doi.org/10.1086/498906
- Hemandez-Castro, R., Arroyo-Escalante, S., Carrillo-Casas, E. M., Moncada-Barron, D., Alxarez-Verona, E., Hemandez-Delgado, L., et al. (2010). Outbreak of candida parapsilosis in a neonatal intensive care unit: A health care workers source. European Journal of Pediatrics, 169(7), 783-787. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00431-009-1109-7. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00431-009-1109-7
- Her, S., Kim, I. S., & Kim, K. H. (2008). Factors affecting on the level of practice on nosocomial infection management among operating room nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 20(3), 375-385.
- Jain, M., Miller, L., Belt, D., & Berwick, D. M. (2006). Decline in ICU adverse events, nosocomial infection and cost through a quality improvement initiative focusing on teamwork and culture change. Quality & Safety in Health Care, 15(4), 235-239. https://doi.org/10.1136/qshc.2005.016576
- Jung, Y. W., Lee, Y. H., & Yu, B. C. (2008). The relationship of nurse's awareness, performance for nosocomial infection control and psychological empowerment. Kosin Medical Journal, 23(2), 85-91.
- Kang, M. K., Kim, K. H., & Choi, M. H. (2004). A study on levels of awareness of nosocomial infection and management practices by operating room nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 11(3), 327-334.
- Kim, M. J. (2010). Correlation among knowledge, awareness, and performance of the hospital infection control in clinical nurses. Chodang University, Muan.
- Kim, N. S. (2000). A study on the knowledge and performance of clinical nurses on the control of nosocomial infection. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- Kim, Y. M., & Yi, Y. J. (2012). Influence of job stress and empowerment of clinical nurses' performance in small and midium hospitals. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 21(3), 258-265. http://dx.doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.3.258. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.3.258
- Korean Nosocomial Infections Surveillance System. (2009). Report: data summary from July through september. Retrieved October 10, 2009, from http://konis.cdc.go.kr/sub/reports- icu.htm.
- Korean Society for Nosocomial Infection Control. (2006). Nosocomial infection control(3rd ed). Seoul: Hanmibook.
- Korean Society for Nosocomial Infection Control. (2011). Nosocomial infection control(4rd ed). Seoul: Hanmibook.
- Lee, M. K. (2012). Intensive care unit nurses' knowledge, recognition, and performance of hospital infection control. Unpublished master's thesis, Eulji University, Suwon.
- Oh, E. H., & Chung, B. Y. (2011). The effect of empowerment of nursing performance job satisfaction, organizational commitment, and turnover intention on hospital nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 17(4), 391-401. http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.4.391. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.4.391
- Park, S. Y., Shin, D. S., Lee, H. G., & Kim, H. S. (2008). Compliance with nosocomial infection control and related factors among emergency room nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 15(2), 153-160.
- Pettnger, A., & Nettleman, M. D. (1991). Epidemiology of isolation precautions. Infection Control Hospital Epidemiology, 12, 303-307. https://doi.org/10.2307/30145197
- Pittet, D. (2001). Improving adherence to hand hygiene practice. A multidisciplinary approach. Emerging Infectious Disease, 7(2), 234-240. https://doi.org/10.3201/eid0702.010217
- Rosenthal, V. D., Maki, D. G., Jamulitrat, S., Medeiros, E. A., Todi, S. K., Gomez, D. Y., et al. (2010). International nosocomial infection control consortium(INICC) report, data summary for 2003-2008, issued June 2009. American Journal of Infection Control, 38(2), 95-104. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2009.12.004
- Spreitzer, G. M. (1995). Psychological empowerment in the workplace. Academy of Management Journal 38(5), 1442-1465. https://doi.org/10.2307/256865
- Thomas, K. W., & Velthouse, B. A. (1990). Cognitive elements of empowerment. An interpretive model of intrinsic task, Academy of Management Review, 15(40), 666-668.
- World Health Organization. (2009). WHO guidelines for hand hygiene in health care. Geneva, Switzerland: Author.
- Yoo, J. Y., Oh, E. G., Her, H. K., & Choi, M. (2012). Level of knowledge, on Evidence-based infection control and influencing factors on performance among nurses in intensive care unit. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 24(3), 232-243. http://dx.doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.3.232. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.3.232
- Yoon, J. M., & Sung, M. H. (2009). The relationship between empowerment and performance of infection control by emergency department nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 16(4), 412-420.
- Survey of the knowledge, safety climate, and compliance with hospital infection standard precautions among dental hygienists vol.41, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2017.41.4.237