- Volume 15 Issue 21
DOI QR Code
Effects of Stellate Ganglion Block on the Peri-operative Vasomotor Cytokine Content and Intrapulmonary Shunt in Patients with Esophagus Cancer
- Guo, Wei (Department of Anesthesiology, Gongli Hospital of Shanghai Pudong New District) ;
- Jin, Xiao-Ju (Department of Anesthesiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Wannan Medical College) ;
- Yu, Jun (Department of Anesthesiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Wannan Medical College) ;
- Liu, Yang (Department of Anesthesiology, Gongli Hospital of Shanghai Pudong New District) ;
- Zhang, Jian-Ping (Department of Anesthesiology, Gongli Hospital of Shanghai Pudong New District) ;
- Yang, Da-Wei (Department of Anesthesiology, Gongli Hospital of Shanghai Pudong New District) ;
- Zhang, Lei (Department of Anesthesiology, Gongli Hospital of Shanghai Pudong New District) ;
- Guo, Jiang-Rong (Department of Anesthesiology, Gongli Hospital of Shanghai Pudong New District)
- Published : 2014.11.28
Objective: To investigate the effects of stellate ganglion block (SGB) on the peri-operative vasomotor cytokine content and intrapulmonary shunt in patients with esophagus cancer who underwent thoracotomy. Materials and Methods: Forty patients undergoing elective resection of esophageal cancer patients who had I~II American Society of Anesthesiologist (ASA) were randomly divided into total intravenous anesthesia group (group N, n=20) and total intravenous anesthesia combined with SGB group (group S, n=20, 0.12 mL/kg 1% lidocaine was used for SGB 10 min before induction). Heart rate (HR), mean arterial pressure (MAP), central venous pressure (CVP), mean pulmonary arterial pressure (MPAP) and continuous cardiac output (CCO) were continuously monitored. The blood from internal jugular vein was drawn respectively before induction (
Supported by : Pudong Health Bureau of Shanghai
- Amino M, Yoshioka K, Morita S, et al (2007). Is the combination therapy of Ikr-channel blocker and left stellate ganglion block effective for intractable ventricular arrhythmia in a cardiopulmonary arrest patient? Cardiol J, 14, 355-65.
- Bottger E, Diehlmann K (2011). Selected interventional methods for the treatment of chronic pain: Part 1: peripheral nerve block and sympathetic block. Anaesthesist, 60, 479-91. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00101-011-1890-3
- Bourque SL, Davidge ST, Adams MA (2011). The interaction between endothelin-1 and nitric oxide in the vasculature: new perspectives. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol, 300, R1288-295. https://doi.org/10.1152/ajpregu.00397.2010
- Brain SD, Grant AD (2004). Vascular actions of calcitonin generelated peptide and adrenomedullin. Physiol Rev, 84, 903-34. https://doi.org/10.1152/physrev.00037.2003
- Donato AJ, Gano LB, Eskurza I, et al (2009). Vascular endothelial dysfunction with aging: endothelin-1 and endothelial nitric oxide synthase. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol, 297, H425-32. https://doi.org/10.1152/ajpheart.00689.2008
- Evans AM, Hardie DG, Peers C, et al (2011). Hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction: mechanisms of oxygen-sensing. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol, 24, 13-20. https://doi.org/10.1097/ACO.0b013e3283421201
- Feletou M, Lonchampt M, Coge F, et al (2001). Regulation of murine airway responsiveness by endothelial nitric oxide synthase. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol, 281, L258-67.
- Garcia-Moran E, Sandin-Fuentes MG, Alvarez Lopez JC, et al (2013). Electrical storm secondary to acute myocardial infarction and heart failure treated with left stellate ganglion block. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed), 66, 595-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.recesp.2013.01.016
- Garneau SY, Deschamps A, Couture P, et al (2011). Preliminary experience in the use of preoperative echo-guided left stellate ganglion block in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth, 25, 78-84. https://doi.org/10.1053/j.jvca.2010.03.007
- Karzai W, Schwarzkopf K (2009). Hypoxemia during one-lung ventilation: prediction, prevention, and treatment. Anesthesiology, 110, 1402-11. https://doi.org/10.1097/ALN.0b013e31819fb15d
- Kasahara M, Terakawa Y, Ichinohe T, et al (2012). Unilateral stellate ganglion block produces bidirectional changes in tissue oxygen tension of the mental nerve in rabbits. J Oral Maxillofac Surg, 70, 45-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joms.2011.06.217
Li DW, Dong P, Wang F, et al (2013). Hypoxia induced multidrug resistance of laryngeal cancer cells via hypoxia-inducible factor-
$1\alpha$. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 4853-8. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.8.4853
- Li H, Ma SK, Hu XP, et al (2001). Norepinephrine transporter (NET) is expressed in cardiac sympathetic ganglia of adult rat. Cell Res, 11, 317-20. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.cr.7290102
- Liu SQ, Zhao SZ, Dong TL, et al (2010). Effects of left stellate ganglion block on the hemodynamics in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting with general anesthesia. Shandong Med J, 50, 25-7.
- Merriam LA, Locknar SA, Girard BM, et al (2010). Somatic ATP release from guinea pig sympathetic neurons does not require calcium-induced calcium release from internal stores. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol, 299, C836-43. https://doi.org/10.1152/ajpcell.00036.2010
- Ng A, Swanevelder J (2011). Hypoxaemia associated with one-lung anaesthesia: new discoveries in ventilation and perfusion. Br J Anaesth, 106, 761-3. https://doi.org/10.1093/bja/aer113
- Nilsson MC, Freden F, Wiklund P, et al (2011). No effect of metabolic acidosis on nitric oxide production in hypoxic and hyperoxic lung regions in pigs. Acta Physiol (Oxf), 202, 59-68. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1748-1716.2011.02250.x
- Roze H, Lafargue M, Ouattara A (2011). Case scenario: Management of intraoperative hypoxemia during one-lung ventilation. Anesthesiology, 114, 167-74. https://doi.org/10.1097/ALN.0b013e3182023ed3
- Sardi C, Zambusi L, Finardi A, et al (2014). Involvement of calcitonin gene-related peptide and receptor component protein in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Neuroimmunol, 271, 18-29. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jneuroim.2014.03.008
- Shi BL, Zhan CS, Zhuang JL, et al (2010). Anatomical study of stellate ganglion and its adjacency. Anatomy and Clinics, 15, 154-7.
- Swenson ER (2013). Hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction. High Alt Med Biol, 14, 101-10. https://doi.org/10.1089/ham.2013.1010
- Taneyama C, Goto H (2009). Fractal cardiovascular dynamics and baroreflex sensitivity after stellate ganglion block. Anesth Analg, 109, 1335-40. https://doi.org/10.1213/ane.0b013e3181b018d8
- Weigand L, Sylvester JT, Shimoda LA (2006). Mechanisms of endothelin-1-induced contraction in pulmonary arteries from chronically hypoxic rats. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol, 290, L284-90.
- Yildirim V, Akay HT, Bingol H, et al (2007). Pre-emptive stellate ganglion block increases the patency of radial artery grafts in coronary artery bypass surgery. Acta Anaesthesial Scand, 51, 434-40. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-6576.2006.01260.x
- Yokota S, Taneyama C, Goto H (2013). Different effects of right and left stellate ganglion block on systolic blood pressure and heart rate. Open J Anesthesiol, 3, 143-7. https://doi.org/10.4236/ojanes.2013.33033