- Volume 15 Issue 21
DOI QR Code
Influence of Chongcao Yigan Capsule on Function of Intestinal Flora and Chemoprevention for Patients with Chronic Hepatitis B-Induced Liver Fibrosis
- Zhao, Xiao-Hu (Department of Infection, Huai'an Hospital, Nanjing Medical University) ;
- Cao, Zheng-Yu (Department of Nutrition, Huai'an Hospital, Nanjing Medical University) ;
- Shen, Yang (Department of Nutrition, Huai'an First People's Hospital, Nanjing Medical University) ;
- Lv, Yu-Feng (Department of Infection, Huai'an Hospital, Nanjing Medical University) ;
- Tao, Guang-Rong (Department of Infection, Huai'an Hospital, Nanjing Medical University) ;
- Chen, Sheng (Department of Thoracic Surgery, Huai'an First People's Hospital, Nanjing Medical University)
- Published : 2014.11.28
Objective: Hapatitis B visus (CHB)-induced fibrosis is a precancerous condition of liver. To explore the influence of Chongcao Preparation (Chongcao Yigan Capsule) on the function of intestinal flora and chemoprevention for patients with CHB-induced liver fibrosis. Methods: A total of 136 patients with CHB-induced liver fibrosis were randomly divided into control group treated with lamivudine (LAM) and research group added with Chongcao Yigan Capsule for totally 48 weeks. The changes of intestinal flora, secretory immunoglobin A (SIgA), serum albumin (ALB), prealbumin (PALB), IgA and IgG at different time points in both groups were observed. Results: Before treatment, there was no significant difference between two groups in each index (P>0.05). After treatment, the intestinal flora were evidently optimized in research group than treatment before (P<0.05 or P<0.01), and were apparently better than those in control group (P<0.05 or P<0.01); SIgA was obviously increased and ALB, PALB, IgA and IgG were markedly improved in research group than treatment before (P<0.05 or P<0.01), and were significantly better than those in control group (P<0.05 or P<0.01). Conclusions: Chongcao Yigan Capsule could regulate the intestinal flora, increase SIgA, serum ALB and PALB concentrations and significantly improve serum IgA and IgG as well as strengthen the immunological function and autologous repair capacity of patients with CHB-induced liver fibrosis.
- Branchi F, Conti CB, Baccarin A, et al (2014). Non-invasive assessment of liver fibrosis in chronic hepatitis B. World J Gastroenterol, 20, 14568-80. https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v20.i40.14568
- Cao ZY (2010). Effect of Chongcao Zhiji on patients with liver fibrosis induced by chronic hepatitis B. Jiangsu Med J, 36, 2864-64.
- Che YH, You J, Chongsuvivatwong V, et al (2014). Dynamics and liver disease specific aspects of quality of life among patients with chronic liver disease in Yunnan, China. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 4765-71. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.12.4765
- Christiansen KM, Mossner BK, Hansen JF, et al (2014). Liver Stiffness Measurement among Patients with Chronic Hepatitis B and C: Results from a 5-Year Prospective Study. PLoS One, 9, e111912. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0111912
- Colombo M, Iavarone M (2014). Role of antiviral treatment for HCC prevention. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol, 28, 771-81. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpg.2014.07.017
- Elsharkawy AM, Mann DA (2007). Nuclear factor- kappa B and the hepatic inflammation - fibrosis - canceraxis. Hepamlogy, 46, 590-7.
- Floch MH (2012). Advances in intestinal microecology: the microbiome, prebiotics, and probiotics. Nutr Clin Pract, 27, 193-4. https://doi.org/10.1177/0884533612439708
- Liang T, Chen EQ, Tang H (2014). Hepatitis B virus gene mutations and hepatocarcinogenesis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 4509-13. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.8.4509
- Lu LR, Liu J, Zu Z, et al (2014). Expression and clinical significance of myeloid derived suppressor cells in chronic hepatitis B patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 4367-72. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.10.4367
- Pollack HJ, Kwon SC, Wang SH, et al (2014). Chronic hepatitis b and liver cancer risks among asian immigrants in new york city: results from a large, community-based screening, evaluation, and treatment program. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev, 23, 2229-39. https://doi.org/10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-14-0491
- Poortahmasebi V, Alavian SM, Keyvani H, et al (2014). Hepatic steatosis: prevalence and host/viral risk factors in Iranian patients with chronic hepatitis B infection. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 3879-84. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.9.3879
- Shen B (2014). Anti-tumor effect and potential mechanism of arsenic trioxide on SMMC-7721 cells of human liver cancer in vivo and vitro. J Int Trans Med, 2, 288-93.
- Uribe LA, O'Brien CG, Wong RJ, et al (2014). Current treatment guidelines for chronic hepatitis B and their applications. J Clin Gastroenterol, 48, 773-83 https://doi.org/10.1097/MCG.0000000000000130