- Volume 15 Issue 21
DOI QR Code
Overexpression and Clinicopathological Contribution of DcR3 in Bladder Urothelial Carcinoma Tissues
- Jiang, Yi-Qiang (Department of Pathology, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University) ;
- Zhong, Teng-Fei (Department of Pathology, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University) ;
- Dang, Yi-Wu (Department of Pathology, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University) ;
- Zou, Ling-Song (Department of Pathology, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University) ;
- Yang, Liu (Department of Pathology, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University) ;
- Yang, Xia (Department of Pathology, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University) ;
- Chen, Gang (Department of Pathology, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University)
- Published : 2014.11.28
Background: To explore the expression of DcR3 protein and its clinicopathological significance in bladder urothelial carcinomas (BUC). Materials and Methods: Immunohistochemistry was performed to detect the expression of DcR3, caspase-3, Bcl-2, VEGF, Ki-67, PCNA and P53 in 166 BUC and 56 normal bladder tissues. Western blotting was used to detect the expression of DcR3 in the supernatants of cultured BUC cells. Results: Overexpression of DcR3 was found in BUC tissues and cell lines, with significant elevation as compared to normal bladder tissues (p<0.0001). Higher DcR3 expression was related to the status of invasion, lymph node metastasis and recurrence. Furthermore, DcR3 expression was negatively correlated with caspase-3 and positively associated with Bcl-2, VEGF, Ki-67 labeling index (LI), PCNA LI and P53 (all p<0.0001), respectively. Conclusions: DcR3 may play a crucial role as an oncogene in tumorigenesis, deterioration and progress of BUC via influencing related pathways of apoptosis, proliferation and angiogenesis. The detection of DcR3 protein in the formalinfixed and paraffin-embedded samples could assist to predict in prognosis of BUC patients.
Supported by : Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region University
- Aiba Y, Harada K, Komori A, et al (2014). Systemic and local expression levels of TNF-like ligand 1A and its decoy receptor 3 are increased in primary biliary cirrhosis. Liver Int, 34, 679-88. https://doi.org/10.1111/liv.12296
- Bracha S, McNamara M, Hilgart I, et al (2014). A multiplex biomarker approach for the diagnosis of transitional cell carcinoma from canine urine. Anal Biochem, 455, 41-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ab.2014.03.017
- Chen G, Luo D (2008a). Expression of decoy receptor 3 in liver tissue microarrays. Natl Med J India, 21, 275-8.
- Chen G, Luo D (2008b). Over-expression of decoy receptor 3 in gastric precancerous lesions and carcinoma. Ups J Med Sci, 113, 297-304. https://doi.org/10.3109/2000-1967-240
- Chen G, Noor A, Kronenberger P, et al (2013a). Synergistic effect of afatinib with su11274 in non-small cell lung cancer cells resistant to gefitinib or erlotinib. PLoS One, 8, 59708. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0059708
- Chen G, Rong M, Luo D (2010). TNFRSF6B neutralization antibody inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma cell. Pathol Res Pract, 206, 631-41. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prp.2010.05.011
- Chen G, Umelo IA, Lv S, et al (2013b). miR-146a inhibits cell growth, cell migration and induces apoptosis in non-small cell lung cancer cells. PLoS One, 8, 60317. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0060317
- Cheng Q, Blais MO, Harris G, et al (2013). PLGA-carbon nanotube conjugates for intercellular delivery of caspase-3 into osteosarcoma cells. PLoS One, 8, 81947. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0081947
- Chuangsuwanich T, Pongpruttipan T, P OC, et al (2014). Clinicopathologic features of breast carcinomas classified by biomarkers and correlation with microvessel density and VEGF expression: a study from Thailand. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 1187-92. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.3.1187
- Fukuda K, Miura Y, Maeda T, et al (2013). Decoy receptor 3 regulates the expression of various genes in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts. Int J Mol Med, 32, 910-6.
- Huang S, Chen G, Dang Y, et al (2014). Overexpression of DcR3 and its significance on tumor cell differentiation and proliferation in glioma. ScientificWorld J, 2014, 605236.
- Jankovic-Velickovic L, Stojnev S, Ristic-Petrovic A, et al (2011). Pro- and antiapoptotic markers in upper tract urothelial carcinoma associated with Balkan endemic nephropathy. ScientificWorld J, 11, 1699-711. https://doi.org/10.1100/2011/752790
- Jankovic Velickovic L, Hattori T, Stefanovic V (2009). Molecular markers in upper urothelial carcinoma associated to Balkan endemic nephropathy. aristolochic acid as the major risk factor of the worldwide disease. ScientificWorld J, 9, 1360-73. https://doi.org/10.1100/tsw.2009.162
- Jeon BS, Yoon BI (2012). Altered expression of cellular Bcl-2 in the progression of hamster cholangiocarcinogenesis. ScientificWorld J, 2012, 385840.
- Kouri FM, Jensen SA, Stegh AH (2012). The role of Bcl-2 family proteins in therapy responses of malignant astrocytic gliomas: Bcl2L12 and beyond. ScientificWorld J, 2012, 838916.
- Nakamura I, Zakharia K, Banini BA, et al (2014). Brivanib attenuates hepatic fibrosis in vivo and stellate cell activation in vitro by inhibition of FGF, VEGF and PDGF signaling. PLoS One, 9, 92273. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0092273
- O'Keeffe MB, Devlin AH, Burns AJ, et al (2008). Investigation of pericytes, hypoxia, and vascularity in bladder tumors: association with clinical outcomes. Oncol Res, 17, 93-101.
- Rong M, Chen G, Dang Y (2013). Increased miR-221 expression in hepatocellular carcinoma tissues and its role in enhancing cell growth and inhibiting apoptosis in vitro. BMC Cancer, 13, 21. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2407-13-21
- Shin MK, Kim JW (2014). Clinicopathologic and diagnostic significance of p53 protein expression in papillary thyroid carcinoma. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 2341-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.5.2341
- Siegel R, Naishadham D, Jemal A (2012). Cancer statistics, 2012. CA Cancer J Clin, 62, 10-29. https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.20138
- Song HY, Deng XH, Yuan GY, et al (2014). Expression of bcl-2 and p53 in induction of esophageal cancer cell apoptosis by ECRG2 in combination with cisplatin. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 1397-401. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.3.1397
- Toda M, Kawamoto T, Ueha T, et al (2013). 'Decoy' and 'nondecoy' functions of DcR3 promote malignant potential in human malignant fibrous histiocytoma cells. Int J Oncol, 43, 703-12.
- Wu Q, Zheng Y, Chen D, et al (2014). Aberrant expression of decoy receptor 3 in human breast cancer: relevance to lymphangiogenesis. J Surg Res, 188, 459-65. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2014.01.058
- Yamana K, Bilim V, Hara N, et al (2005). Prognostic impact of FAS/CD95/APO-1 in urothelial cancers: decreased expression of Fas is associated with disease progression. Br J Cancer, 93, 544-51. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bjc.6602732
- Yang M, Chen G, Dang Y, et al (2010). Significance of decoy receptor 3 in sera of hepatocellular carcinoma patients. Ups J Med Sci, 115, 232-7. https://doi.org/10.3109/03009734.2010.516410
- Yang MH, Chu PY, Chen SC, et al (2011). Characterization of ADAM28 as a biomarker of bladder transitional cell carcinomas by urinary proteome analysis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 411, 714-20. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrc.2011.07.010
- Zhou J, Song S, He S, et al (2013). Silencing of decoy receptor 3 (DcR3) expression by siRNA in pancreatic carcinoma cells induces Fas ligand-mediated apoptosis in vitro and in vivo. Int J Mol Med, 32, 653-60.
- Zhou J, Song S, Li D, et al (2014). Decoy receptor 3 (DcR3) overexpression predicts the prognosis and pN2 in pancreatic head carcinoma. World J Surg Oncol, 12, 52. https://doi.org/10.1186/1477-7819-12-52
- Decoy receptor 3: an endogenous immunomodulator in cancer growth and inflammatory reactions vol.24, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1186/s12929-017-0347-7