- Volume 15 Issue 21
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Biological Function of ELDF15 Using an Antisense Recombinant Expression Vector
- Liu, Yan (Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention) ;
- Wang, Long (Beijing Laboratory Animal Research Center) ;
- Wang, Zi-Jun (Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Published : 2014.11.28
ELDF15, homologous with AT2 receptor-interaction protein 1 (ATIP1), may play an important role in cell differentiation, proliferation, and carcinogenesis. We aimed to understand the biological function of ELDF15 via construction and transfection of a recombinant expression vector containing antisense ELDF15. Recombinant expression vectors were successfully constructed and transfected into K562 cells. A stable transfectant, known as pXJ41-asELDF15, stably produced antisense ELDF15. Compared with K562 and K562-zeo cells, K562-pXJ41-asELDF15 cells showed inhibition of cell proliferation. RT-PCR analysis showed that the expression and protein level of ELDF15 decreased significantly in K562 cells transfected with pXJ41-asELDF15. Expression of hemoglobin increased in K562 cells transfected with pXJ41-asELDF15 by benzidine staining. increases NBT reduction activity in K562 cells transfected with pXJ41-asELDF15.Colony forming efficiency in two-layer soft agar was clearly inhibited as assessed by electron microscopy. These results suggest that ELDF15 plays a potential role in cell differentiation, proliferation and carcinogenesis.
- Ali Owchi M, Salehnia M, Moghadam MF, Boroujeni MB, Hajizadeh E (2009). The effect of bone morphogenetic protein 4 on the differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cell to erythroid lineage in serum free and serum supplemented media. Int J Biomed Sci, 5, 275-82.
- Chen WC, Pan SL (2006). Recent advancement of tumor suppressor genes and their association with cellular senescence. Med Recap, 12, 711-13.
- Cao YL (2012). Research progress of cancer genes and their detection methods. Life Sci Instr, 10, 10-6
- Dean JL, Knudsen KE (2013). The role of tumor suppressor dysregulation in prostate cancer progression. Curr Drug Targets, 14, 460-71. https://doi.org/10.2174/1389450111314040007
- Ding GR, Wang XW, Li KC, et al (2009). Comparison of Hsps expression after r adio-frequency field exposure in three human glioma cell lines. Biomed Environ Sci, 22, 374-80. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0895-3988(10)60014-1
- Gao HX, Gao XF, Wang GQ, et al (2012). In vitro study of nucleostemin gene as a potential therapeutic target for human lung carcinoma. Biomed Environ Sci, 25, 91-97.
- Guo XE, Ngo B, Modrek AS, et al (2014.) Targeting tumor suppressor networks for cancer therapeutics. Curr Drug Targets, 15, 2-16. https://doi.org/10.2174/1389450114666140106095151
- Horiuchi M, Iwanami J, Mogi M (2012). Regulation of angiotensin II receptors beyond the classical pathway. Clin Sci, 123,193-203. https://doi.org/10.1042/CS20110677
- Kong N, Zhang XM, Wang HT, et al (2013). Inhibition of growth and induction of differentiation of SMMC-7721 human hepatocellular carcinoma cells by oncostatin M. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 747-52. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.2.747
- Liu Y, Zhang SF, Jin SM, et al (2003). Expression and location of a novel gene with cell differentiation in different tissues and cell lines. Acta Laboratorium Animals Scientia Sinica, 11, 85-7.
- Li J, Meng FL, He LH, Zhang JZ (2012). Secreted protein HP1286 of Helicobacter pylori strain 26695 induces apoptosis of AGS cells. Biomed Environ Sci, 25, 614-19.
- Liu M, Wu R, Yang F, et al (2013). Identification of FN1BP1 as a novel cell cycle regulator through modulating G1 checkpoint in human hepatocarcinoma hep3B cells. PloS One, 8, 57574. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0057574
- Niu JY, Liu J, Liu L, et al (2012). Construction of eukaryotic plasmid expressing human TGFBI and its influence on human corneal epithelial cells. Int J Ophthalmol, 5, 38-44.
- Olin JL, Veverka A, Nuzum DS (2011). Risk of cancer associated with the use of angiotensin II-receptor blockers. Am J Health Syst Pharm, 68, 2139-46. https://doi.org/10.2146/ajhp100570
- PylayevaGupta Y, Grabocka E, BarSagi D (2011). RAS oncogenes: weaving a tumorigenic web. Nat Rev Cancer, 11, 761-74. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrc3106
- Pappou EP, Ahuja N (2010). The role of oncogenes in gastrointestinal cancer. Gastrointest Cancer Res, 1, 2-15.
- Heroor S, Beknal AK, Mahurkar N (2013). Immunomodulatory activity of methanolic extracts of fruits and bark of Ficus glomerata Roxb. In mice and on human neutrophils. Indian J Pharmacol, 45, 130-35. https://doi.org/10.4103/0253-7613.108287
- Sankari SL, Masthan KM, Babu NA, Bhattacharjee T, Elumalai M (2012). Apoptosis in cancer--an update. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 7873-8.
- Tao HC, Wang HX, Dai M, et al (2013). Targeting SHCBP1 inhibits cell proliferation in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 5645-50. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.10.5645
- Taylor Tavares AL, Willatt L, Armstrong R, et al (2013). Mosaic deletion of the NF1 gene in a patient with cognitive disability and dysmorphic features but without diagnostic features of NF1. Am J Med Genet A, 161, 1185-8. https://doi.org/10.1002/ajmg.a.35853
- Wei YY, Hou J, Tang WR, Luo Y (2012). The cooperation between p53 and Ras in tumorigenesis. Yi Chuan, 34, 1513-21. https://doi.org/10.3724/SP.J.1005.2012.01513
- Wang J, Lv XW, Du YG (2009). Potential mechanisms involved in ceramide-induced apoptosis in human colon cancer HT29 cells. Biomed Environ Sci, 22, 76-85. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0895-3988(09)60026-X
- Wang S, Wang Z (2013). Epigenetic aberrant methylation of tumor suppressor genes in small cell lung cancer. J Thorac Dis, 5, 532-7.
- Yong Huang, Quan Zou, Sheng-peng Wang, et al (2011). Construction and detection of expression vectors of microRNA-9a in BmN cells. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B, 12, 527-33. https://doi.org/10.1631/jzus.B1000296