- Volume 2 Issue 1
Quality of Life in Pakistan is an understudied and rather unexplored domain. With various definitions and challenges to explaining quality of life, a public opinion poll and scientific surveys have been conducted in order to find out more about the quality of life in Pakistan. Using a nationally representative sample, this paper seeks to identify quality of life measures, find results, and analyze them to see what they mean, specifically in the context of Pakistan.
- Beckie, T. M., & Hayduk, L. A. (1997). Measuring quality of life. Social Indicators Research, 42(1), 21-39. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1006881931793
- Cheung, C.-K., & Leung, K. (2010). Ways that social change predicts personal quality of life. Social Indicators Research, 96(3), 459-77. doi: 10.1007/s11205-009-9487-9 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11205-009-9487-9
- De, N R. (1975), Contents and discontents of work commitment. Lok Udyog, 9 (1).
- Evans, D. R. (1994). Enhancing quality of life in the population at large. Social Indicators Research, 33(1-3), 47-88. doi: 10.1007/978-94-011-0171-4_2 https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-011-0171-4_2
- Findlay, A., Rogerson, R., & Morris, A. (1988). In what sense 'indicators' of quality of life? Built Environment (1978-), 14(2), 96-106. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org/stable/10.2307/23286735?ref=no-xroute:075d4479702256a43d4f6a4c3db17ce0
- Parmenter, T. R. (1994). Quality of life as a concept and measurable entity. Social Indicators Research, 33(1-3), 9-46. doi: 10.1007/BF01078957 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01078957
- Raphael, D., Renwick, R., Brown, I., & Rootman, I. (1996). Quality of life indicators and health: Current status and emerging conceptions. Social Indicators Research, 39(1), 65-88. doi: 10.1007/BF00300833 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00300833
- Sandoe, P.. (1999). Quality of life: Three competing views. Ethical Theory and Moral Practice, 2(1) 11-23. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org/stable/10.2307/27504064?ref=no-xroute:a2084eb29ecf92f4b9bbcde059482371 https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1026404014630
- Sinha, P. (1982). Quality of working life and quality of life. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 17(3), 373-94. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org/stable/10.2307/27768677?ref=no-xroute:1dc4c078c85e83567b9b3db918495daf
- Slottje, D. J. (1991). Measuring the quality of life across countries. The Review of Economics and Statistics, 73(4), 684-693. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org/stable/2109407 https://doi.org/10.2307/2109407