- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
New Report of Majoid Crab, Pugettia intermedia (Crustacea: Decapoda: Majoidea) from Korea
- Lee, Sang-Kyu (East Sea Research Institute, Korea Institute of Ocean Science & Technology) ;
- Park, Tae Seo (Animal Resources Division, National Institute of Biological Resources) ;
- Kim, Dongsung (East Sea Research Institute, Korea Institute of Ocean Science & Technology) ;
- Kim, Won (School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2013.08.04
- Accepted : 2013.12.19
- Published : 2014.01.31
As a result of continuous taxonomic investigations of Korean crabs, Pugettia intermedia Sakai, 1938 is newly reported from Korean waters. Pugettia intermedia had previously been reported in Korean fauna, but the previous reports of P. intermedia were resulted in misidentification of P. quadridens (De Haan, 1839). Pugettia intermedia differs from P. quadridens in having two subequal medial lobes of the first pleopod in male. In P. quadridens, one of the two medial lobes is about half-length of the other. Pugettia intermedia occurs on the southern coast of the Korean peninsula. The descriptions and illustrations of this species are provided herein.
- Griffin DJG, Tranter HA, 1986. The decapoda brachyura of the Siboga Expedition. Part VIII. Majidae (Ed., Brill EJ). Leiden, pp. 1-335.
- Kim HS, 1973. Illustreated encyclopedia of fauna and flora of Korea. Vol. 14. Anomura and Brachyura. Samhwa Publishing Co. Ltd., Seoul, pp. 1-694.
- Kim HS, Kim IH, 1986. Marine invertebrate fauna of Chujado Island. Report on the Survey of Natural Environment in Korea, 5:309-332.
- Kim SH, Kim W, 1998. The marine decapods crustaceans of Geojedo Island and its adjacent islets, Korea. Korean Journal of Systematic Zoology, 14:293-309.
- Muraoka K, 1998. Catalogue of the Brachyuran and Anomuran crabs donated by Prof. Dr. Tune Sakai to the Kanagawa prefectural museum. Catalogue of the Collection in the Kanagawa Prefectural Museum of Nature History, 11:5-67.
- Ng PKL, Guinot D, Davie PJF, 2008. Systema Brachyurorum: Part I. An annotated checklist of extant brachyuran crabs of the world. The Raffles Bulletin of Zoology, Supplement, 17: 1-286.
- Sakai T, 1938. Studies on the crabs of Japan, 3. Brachyugnatha, Oxyrhyncha. Yokendo Co., Tokyo, pp. 193-364.
- Sakai T, 1976. Crabs of Japan and the adjacent seas. Kodansha Ltd., Tokyo, pp. 1-773.
- New Report of Two Species of Crabs, Cycloes granulosa and Pugettia vulgaris (Crustacea: Decapoda) Collected from Korea vol.31, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5635/ASED.2015.31.3.201