- Volume 50 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Isolation and Identification of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in Natural Environments by International Organization for Standardization ISO/NP 16266
국제표준화기구 ISO/NP 16266 방법을 이용한 환경 중 Pseudomonas aeruginosa의 분리 및 동정
- Lee, Siwon (Water Supply and Sewerage Research Division, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Kim, Ji Hye (Water Supply and Sewerage Research Division, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Lee, Bo-Ram (Water Supply and Sewerage Research Division, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Joo, Youn-Lee (Water Supply and Sewerage Research Division, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Choe, Byeol (Water Supply and Sewerage Research Division, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Park, Su Jeong (Water Supply and Sewerage Research Division, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Chung, Hyen-Mi (Water Supply and Sewerage Research Division, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Jheong, Weon Hwa (Water Supply and Sewerage Research Division, National Institute of Environmental Research)
- 이시원 (국립환경과학원 상하수도연구과) ;
- 김지혜 (국립환경과학원 상하수도연구과) ;
- 이보람 (국립환경과학원 상하수도연구과) ;
- 주윤리 (국립환경과학원 상하수도연구과) ;
- 최별 (국립환경과학원 상하수도연구과) ;
- 박수정 (국립환경과학원 상하수도연구과) ;
- 정현미 (국립환경과학원 상하수도연구과) ;
- 정원화 (국립환경과학원 상하수도연구과)
- Received : 2014.10.22
- Accepted : 2014.12.24
- Published : 2014.12.31
Pseudomonas aeruginosa is an opportunistic pathogen that inhabits various natural and artificial environments, such as pathogenesis, water, soil and air. They can cause serious problems, such as pathogenic infection. In this study, 220 colonies were isolated from water and soil environment that assumed to be P. aeruginosa using a membrane filter method based on International Organization for Standardization (ISO/NP 16266). Identification of the isolates was determined by physiobiochemical characteristics using newly modified ISO method which includes the resistance to 1,10 phenanthroline test. Only one of 220 presumed P. aeruginosa strains isolated from effluence water using a drain swab was determined as P. aeruginosa-positive by the ISO/NP 16266 method. Subsequently, the resistance to 1,10 phenanthroline test, which was newly proposed by ISO in 2014 and applied in this study, was considered as more precise and improvable method for identification of P. aeruginosa.
Pseudomonas aeruginosa;International Organization for Standardization;ISO/NP 16266
- Arora, D., Jindal, N., and Kumarx Romit, R. 2011. Emerging antibiotics resistance in Pseudomonas-A challenge. Int. J. Pharm. Pharm. Sci. 3, 82-84.
- Bae, J.H. 2005. Antimicrobial effect of Hedyotis diffusa extracts on food-borne pathogens. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 34, 107-112. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2005.34.1.107
- Hota, S., Hirji, Z., Stockton, K., Lemieux, C., Dedier, H., Wolfaardt, G., and Gardam, M.A. 2009. Outbreak of multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa colonization and infection secondary to imperfect intensive care unit room design. Infect. Control. Hosp. Epidemiol. 30, 25-33. https://doi.org/10.1086/592700
- Kang, D.H., Bae, H.K., and Kim, H.S. 2011. Isolation and antibacterial activity of Actinomycetes producing growth inhibition compounds against multi-antibiotic resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Korean J. Soc. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 26, 19-26.
- Keeven, J.K. and Decicco, B.T. 1989. Selective medium for Pseudomonas aeruginosa that uses 1,10-phenanthroline as the selective agent. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 55, 3231-3233.
- Kim J.R., Lee, D.K., An, H.M., Kim, M.J., Lee, S.W., Cha, M.K., Lee, K.O., and Ha, N.J. 2011. Antimicrobial activity of commonly used antibiotics and DNA fingerprint analysis of Pseudomonas aeruginosa obtained from clinical isolates and unchlorinated drinking water in Korea, 2010. Arch. Pharm. Res. 34, 1353-1361. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12272-011-0816-6
- Lee, S.H., Kim, Y.R., and Yu, M.J. 1999. Removal efficiency of VOCs with GAC and BAC enhanced by advanced oxidation processes. J.KSWQ 15, 283-289.
- Luman, C.R. and Castellano, F.N. 2003. Comprehensive Coordination Chemistry II, Phenanthroline Ligands, the Netherlands.
- Mahmoud, A.B., Zahran, W.A., Hindawi, G.R., Labib, A.Z., and Galal, R. 2013. Prevalence of multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa in patients with nosocomial infections at a university hospital in Egypt, with special reference to typing methods. J. Virol. Microbiol. DOI: 10.5171/2013.290047. https://doi.org/10.5171/2013.290047
- Salvesen, G.S. and Nagase, H. 2001. Proteolytic enzymes: a practical approach, 2nd ed., pp. 105-130. Oxford University, UK.
- Analysis of Bacterial Diversity in Water from the Han River Water Source Protection Area via a Pyrosequencing Assay vol.42, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5668/JEHS.2016.42.4.274