- Volume 39 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
RADIOLOGICAL DOSE ASSESSMENT ACCORDING TO METHODOLOGIES FOR THE EVALUATION OF ACCIDENTAL SOURCE TERMS
- Jeong, Hae Sun (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Jeong, Hyo Joon (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Eun Han (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Han, Moon Hee (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Hwang, Won Tae (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2014.09.11
- Accepted : 2014.12.09
- Published : 2014.12.30
The object of this paper is to evaluate the fission product inventories and radiological doses in a non-LOCA event, based on the U.S. NRC's regulatory methodologies recommended by the TID-14844 and the RG 1.195. For choosing a non-LOCA event, one fuel assembly was assumed to be melted by a channel blockage accident. The Hanul nuclear power reactor unit 6 and the CE
- DiNunno JJ, Baker RE, Anderson FD, et al. Calculation of distance factors for power and test reactor sites, U.S. AEC, Technical Information Document-14844. 1962.
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Methods and assumptions for evaluating radiological consequences of design basis accidents at light water nuclear power reactors. U. S. NRC, Regulatory Guide 1.195. 2003.
- Burns EM. Next generation nuclear plant - Emergency planning zone definition at 400 meters. Westinghouse Electric Company, NGNP-LIC-GENRPT-L-00020. 2009.
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Alternative radiological source terms for evaluating design basis accidents at nuclear power reactors. U. S. NRC, Regulatory Guide 1.183. 2000.
- Croff AG. A user's manual for the ORIGEN2 computer code. ORNL, ORNL/TM-7175. 1980.
- Bowman SM, Leal LC. SCALE: A modular code system for performing standardized computer analyses for licensing evaluation. U.S. NRC, NUREG/CR-0200. 2000.
- Kim HJ, Jung DW, Lee KH. The nuclear design report for Ulchin nuclear power plant unit 6 cycle 5. KNFC, KNF-U6C5-10007. 2010.
- SCALE Version 6.1, ORNL/TM-2005/39, Avalilabe from RSICC at ORNL as CCC-785. 2011.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. 1990 Recommendations of the international commission on radiological protection. ICRP Publication 60. Oxford; Pergamon Press. 1991.
- Sagendorf JF, Goll JT, Sandusky WF. XOQDOQ:Computer program for the methorological evaluation of routine effluent releases at nuclear power stations. U.S. NRC, NUREG/CR-2919. 1982.
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Methods for estimating atmospheric transport and dispersion of gaseous effluents in routine releases from light-water-cooled reactors. U.S. NRC, Regulatory Guide 1.111. 1977.
- Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute. Evaluation of environmental assessment and model development in Kori site. KAERI, KAERI/NSC-397/89. 1989.
- Jeong HS, Kim EH, Jeong HJ, et al. Monte carlo radiation shielding evaluation for representative domestic houses. KAERI, KAERI/TR-5417/2013. 2013.