- Volume 39 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Characteristic Evaluation of Exposed Dose with NORM added Consumer Product based on ICRP Reference Phantom
ICRP 기준팬텀 기반의 천연방사성핵종이 포함된 가공제품 사용으로 인한 피폭선량 특성 평가
- Yoo, Do Hyeon (Department of Radiation Convergence Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Lee, Hyun Cheol (Department of Radiation Convergence Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Shin, Wook-Geun (Department of Radiation Convergence Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Choi, Hyun Joon (Department of Radiation Convergence Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Min, Chul Hee (Department of Radiation Convergence Engineering, Yonsei University)
- 유도현 (연세대학교 방사선융합공학과) ;
- 이현철 (연세대학교 방사선융합공학과) ;
- 신욱근 (연세대학교 방사선융합공학과) ;
- 최현준 (연세대학교 방사선융합공학과) ;
- 민철희 (연세대학교 방사선융합공학과)
- Received : 2014.08.17
- Accepted : 2014.11.10
- Published : 2014.12.30
In Korea, July 2012, the law as called 'Act on Safety Control of Radioactive Rays Around Living Environment' was implemented to control the consumer product containing Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM), but, there are no appropriate database and effective dose calculation system. The aim of this study was to develop evaluation technique of the exposure dose with the use of the consumer products containing NORM and to understand the characteristics of the exposed dose according to the radiation type and energy. For the evaluate of exposure dose, the ICRP reference phantom was simulated by the MCNPX code based on Monte Carlo method, and the minimum, medium, maximum energy of alphas, betas, gammas from the representative NORM of Uranium decay series were used as the source term in the simulation. The annual effective doses were calculated by the exposure scenario of the consumer product usage time and position. Short range of the alpha and beta rays are mostly delivered the dose to the skin. On the other hand, the gamma rays mostly delivered the similar dose to all of the organs. The results of the annual effective dose with
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- EPA. Evaluation of EPA's guidelines for technologically enhanced naturally occurring radioactive material(TENORM). EPA, 405-R-00-01. 2000.
- Etsuko Furuta. NORM as consumer products: Issue of their being. Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 2011;146(1-3):178-182. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/ncr142
- Hassan NM, Mansour NA, Fayez-Hassan M. Evaluation of radionuclide concentrations and associated radiological hazard indexes in building materials used in EGYPT. Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 2013;157(2):214-220. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/nct129
- Casas-Ruiz M, Ligero RA, Barbero L. Estimation of annual effective dose due to natural and manmade radionuclides in the metropolitan area of the bay of CADIZ (SW of SPAIN). Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 2013;157(2):214-220. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/nct129
- 원자력 안전 위원회(방사선 안전과). 생활주변방사선 안전관리법, 시행 2014.05.21. 법률 제 12664호. 2014.
- ICRP. The 2007 recommendations of the international commission on radiological protection. ICRP Publication 103. Oxford; Pergamon Press. 2008.
- ICRP. Adult reference computational phantoms. ICRP Publication 110. Oxford; Pergamon Press. 2007.
- 통계청 사회통계국 복지통계과. 2009년 생활시간조사결과. 2010.
- IAEA. Application of the concepts of exclusion, exemption and clearance. IAEA RS-G-1.7. 2004.
- ICRP. Conversion coefficients for radiological protection quantities for external radiation exposure. ICRP Publication 116. Oxford; Pergamon Press. 2010.
- McConn RJ, Gesh CJ, Pagh RT, et al. Compendium of material composition data for radiation transport modeling, revision 1. PNNL, PNNL-15870. 2011.
- Development of the Monte Carlo Simulation Radiation Dose Assessment Procedure for NORM added Consumer Adhere·Non-Adhere Product based on ICRP 103 vol.40, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14407/jrp.2015.40.3.124
- An effective dose assessment technique with NORM added consumer products using skin-point source on computational human phantom vol.118, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apradiso.2016.08.014