- Volume 3 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Growth Effect and Nutrient Uptake by Application Interval of Developed Slurry Composting and Biofiltration (DSCB) Liquid Fertilizer on Kentucky Bluegrass
개량 가축분뇨발효액비의 시비주기에 따른 켄터키블루그래스의 생육효과 및 양분흡수
- Received : 2014.11.10
- Accepted : 2014.12.08
- Published : 2014.12.31
A developed slurry composting and biofiltration (DSCB) liquid fertilizer could be used for eco-friendly turfgrass management in golf course. This study was conducted to evaluate the growth effect of application intervals of DSCB in Kentucky bluegrass based on turf color index, chlorophyll index, clipping yield and uptake and availability of nutrient. Treatments were designed as follows; non-fertilizer (NF), control (CF) and DSCB treatments which were applied a every 15 days (DSCB), every 30 days (2DSCB) and 60 days (4DSCB-1: April, June, August; 4DSCB-2: May, July, September). Turf color indexes of DSCB and 2DSCB were higher than CF, but these chlorophyll indexes similar to CF. The clipping yield and uptake and availability rate of nitrogen and potassium in turfgrass were increased in 2DSCB. These results suggested that application of DSCB improved turf quality and growth by prompting an uptake and availability of nutrients in Kentucky bluegrass and its application interval was 1time per month.
Developed slurry compostin and biofiltration (DSCB);Turf color;Clipping yield;Nutrient uptake
Supported by : Rural Development Administration
- Ahn, Y.T., Kim, S.T., Kim, I.S., Kim, J.W., Kim, H.J., et al. 1992. Standard and practice for management in golf course. KTRI, Seongnam, Korea. (In Korean)
- Easton, Z.M. and Petrovic, A.M. 2003. Fertilizer source effect on ground and surface water quality in drainage from turfgrass. J. Environ. Qual. 33:645-665.
- Ham, S.K., Kim, Y.S. and Park, C.H. 2010. The growth effects of creeping bentgrass by SCB (slurry composting and biofiltration) liquid fertilizer application. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 24(1):56-61. (In Korean)
- Ham, S.K. and Kim, Y.S. 2011. The effect of developed SCB liquid fertilizer on the growth of creeping bentgrass. Asian J. Turfgrass Sci. 25(1):100-105. (In Korean)
- Ham, S.K., Kim, Y.S., Kim, T.S., Kim, K.S. and Park, C.H. 2009. The effect of SCB (slurry composting and biofilter) liquid fertilizer on growth of creeping bentgrass. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 23(1):91-100. (In Korean)
- Ham, S.K., Kim, Y.S. and Lim, H.J. 2011. The effect of developed SCB liquid fertilizer on the growth of Kentucky bluegrass. Asian J. Turfgrass Sci. 25(1):73-78. (In Korean)
- Jung, KY., Cho, N.J. and Jeong, Y.G. 1998. Comparison of liquid composting efficiency using liquid pig different condition. Korean J. Environ, Agric. 17(4):301-305. (In Korean)
- Jung, K.S., Heu, S.G., Roh, E.J.l., Lee, D.W., Yun, J.C., et al. 2011. Prevalence of pathogenic bacteria in livestock manure compost and organic fertilizer. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(5):824-829. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.5.824
- Kang, B.K., Jung, H.H. and Kim, K.S. 2010. Effect of slurry composted and biofiltered solution as an organic fertilizer on the growth of zoysiagrass. Hort. Envriron. Biotechnol. 51(6):507-512.
- Kim, J.W., Kim, C.H., Baeck, J.H., Lee, D.J., Choi, Y.S. and Hur, S.S. 2001. An Introduction to Soil and Fertilizer. Sunjin Press, Goyang, Korea. pp. 240-258. (In Korean)
- Kim, M.K., Jung, G.B., Hong, S.C., Kang, S.S. and Kwon, S.I. 2011. Inactivation of Escherichia coli in surface water of saturated soil with the pig manure-based liquid fertilizers by ultraviolet radiation. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(3):368-370. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.3.368
- Kim, Y.S., Ham, S.K. and Lim, H.J. 2012. Monitoring of soil chemical properties and pond water quality in golf courses after application of SCB liquid fertilizer. Asian J. Turfgrass Sci. 26(1):44-53. (In Korean)
- Kim, Y.S., Lee, K.S. and Ham, S.G. 2003. The effect of liquid fertilizer contained amino acids on the growth of bentgrass (Agrostis palustis Huds) and the chemical characteristics of soil. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 17(4):147-154. (In Korean)
- Kim, Y.S., Ham, S.K., Lee, J.P. and Hwang, Y.S. 2012. The growth effects of creeping bentgrass by application of liquid fertilizer with saponin and liquid fertilizer with amino acid. Asian J. Turfgrass Sci. 26(1):54-59. (In Korean)
- Kim, Y.S., Ham, S.K. Lee, J.P., Hwang, Y.S. and Lee, K.S. 2014. Effects of two amino acid fertilizers on growth of creeping bentgrass and nitrogen uptake. Weed Turf. Sci. 3(3):246-252. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2014.3.3.246
- Kim, Y.S., Kim, T.S., Ham, S.K., Bang, S.W. and Lee, C.E. 2009 The effect of compound fertilizer contained slow release nitrogen on turfgrass growth in Kentucky bluegrass and on nitrogen change in root zone. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 23(1):101-110. (In Korean)
- Kopp, K.L. and Guillard, K. 2002. Clipping management and nitrogen fertilization of turfgrass: growth, nitrogen utilization and quality. Crop Sci. 42:1225-1231. https://doi.org/10.2135/cropsci2002.1225
- Kussow, W.R., Soldat, D.J., Kreuser, W.C. and Houlihan, S.M. 2012. Evidence, regulation, and comsquences of nitrogen-driven nutrient demand by turfgrass. International Scholarly Research Network Agronomy 10:1-9.
- Lee, S.B., Cho, K.M., Bail, M.H., Lee, J.J., Oh, Y.J. et al. 2011. Effects of application method of pig compost and liquid pig manure on yield of whole crop barley (hordeum vugare L.) and chemical properties of soil in Ghehwa reclaimed land. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(3):353-360. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.3.353
- Lee, K.H., Yoo, H.H., Park, E.J., Jung, Y.I., Tipayno, S.C., et al. 2011. Effect of swine liquid manure on soil chemical properties and growth of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Korean J. Environ. Agric. 24(2):177-122. (In Korean)
- Lim, T.J., Hong, D.D., kim, S.H. and Park J.M. 2008. Evaluation of yield and quality from red pepper for application rates of pig slurry composting biofiltration. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 27(2):171-177. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2008.27.2.171
- MAFRA. 2013. Statistical research annual report of agriculture, food and rural affairs. Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs. Seoul, Korea. (In Korean).
- MAFRA. 2014. Statistical research annual report of agriculture, food and rural affairs. Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs. Seoul, Korea. (In Korean).
- Nam, Y., Yong, S.H. and Song, K.K. 2011. Evaluating quality of fertilizer manufactured (livestock manure compost) with different sources in Korea. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43(5):22-527. (In Korean)
- NIAST. 1998. The chemical analysis of soil. NIAST. (In Korean)
- Park, J.M., Lim, T.J., Kang, S.B., Lee, I.B. and Kang, Y.I. 2010. Effect of pig slurry fertigation on soil chemical properties and yield of tomato(Lycopersicon escuentum Mill.). Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43(5):488-493. (In Korean)
- RDA. 2009. Improvement of the swine slurry treatment and land application technology for recycling. RDA. pp. 1-50. (In Korean)
- Yoon, O.S., Kim, K.S. and Lee, J.S. 2006. Effects of chitosan on growth responses of creeping bentgrass (agrostis palustris H.). Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 20(2):164-174. (In Korean)
- Growth of Creeping Bentgrass by Application of Compound Fertilizer Containing Microbes vol.5, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2016.5.1.42