- Volume 3 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
False Seedbed Weed Control under Different Preparation Date and Method in Organic Corn Field
옥수수밭 예방적 잡초방제를 위한 가묘상 처리 시기
- Lee, Byung-Mo (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Jo, Jeong-Rae (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- An, Nan-Hee (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Ok, Jung-Heun (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Seog-Cheol (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA)
- 이병모 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 조정래 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 안난희 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 옥정훈 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 김석철 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 유기농업과)
- Received : 2014.11.10
- Accepted : 2014.12.04
- Published : 2014.12.31
Effects of false seedbed procedures in organic corn field were evaluated as affected by preparation date and method. False seedbed was prepared at May 7, 14, 21, 28 and June 5 with shallow tillage or flame weeding. Weed suppression rate of each treatment was evaluated 3 weeks after sowing. Optimal false seedbed preparation time was between end of May and early in June. Weed suppression rate of early false seedbed preparation was quiet low. Flaming weed treatment was better than shallow tillage. Weed suppression rate by the second treatment was increased approximately 30-60% compared to
False seedbed;Organic farming;Preventative weed control;Stale seedbed;Weed control
Grant : Research Program for Agricultural Science & Technology Development
Supported by : National Academy of Agricultural Science
- Bleeker, P. and Weide, R. 2000. Management of weeds in lettuce: false seedbed, soil preparation and mechanical weed control options. 4th EWRS workshop on physical weed cont. pp.15-16.
- Bond, A., Walker, T., Bollich, P., Koger, C. and Gerard, P. 2005. Seeding rates for stale seedbed rice production in the midsouthern United Stages. Agron. J. 97(6):1560-1563. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj2005.0068
- Cho, J.L., Ok, J.H., Lee, B.M., An, N.H. and Han, E.J. 2014. Possibility of organic weed control by false and stale seedbed in upland crop. Weed Turf. Sci. 3(3):215-220. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2014.3.3.215
- Guh, J., Lee, K., Kwon, S. and Heu, S. 1983. Determination of critical duration of weed competition of two rice cultivars under different seasonal transplantings. Korean. J. Weed Sci. 3(2):166-173. (In Korean)
- Johnson, W.C. and Mullinix, B.G. 1998. Stale seedbed weed control in cucumber. Weed Sci. 46:698-702.
- Kang, K., Lee, S., Lee, K., Hwang, H., Lee, S., et al. 1987. Growth and yield of peanuts affected by weeding time and periods in bare soil and under the P.E. film mulch. Korean. J. Weed Sci. 7(1):49-67. (In Korean)
- Kebreab, E. and Murdoch, A.J. 2001. Simulation of integrated control strategies for Orobanche spp. based on a life cycle model. Expl. Agric. 37:37-51. https://doi.org/10.1017/S001447970100401X
- Kim, C.G., Jeong, H.K. and Moon, D.H. 2012. Valuation of organic farming technologies and demand projections for its new technology. Research report. KERI, Seoul, Korea. pp. 57-58.
- Lamour, A. and Lotz, L.A.P. 2007. The importance of tillage depth in relation to seedling emergence in stale seedbeds. Ecolog. modell. 201:536-546. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2006.10.015
- Lee, B., Jee, H., Cho, J., An, N. and Ok, J. 2013. Effects of false seedbed on the preventative weed control in organic rice paddy field. Weed Turf. Sci. 2(4):358-361. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2013.2.4.358
- Rasmussen, I.A. 2000. Sowing time, false seedbed, row distance and mechanical weed control in organic winter wheat. 4th EWRS workshop on physical weed cont. pp.5-7.