DOI QR코드

DOI QR Code

Distribution of Weeds on Upland Crop Field in Northern Gyeonggi-do

경기북부 밭 잡초 분포

  • Oh, Young-Ju (Institute for Future Environmental Ecology Co., Ltd.) ;
  • Lee, Wook-Jae (Institute for Future Environmental Ecology Co., Ltd.) ;
  • Hong, Sun-Hee (Institute of Environment and Ecology, Korea University) ;
  • Lee, Yong-Ho (Seed Bank of Wild Resource Plants, Korea University) ;
  • Na, Chae-Sun (Seed Bank of Wild Resource Plants, Korea University) ;
  • Lee, In-Yong (Crop Protection Division, National Academy of Science, RDA) ;
  • Kim, Chang-Seok (Crop Protection Division, National Academy of Science, RDA)
  • 오영주 ((주)미래환경생태연구소) ;
  • 이욱재 ((주)미래환경생태연구소) ;
  • 홍선희 (고려대학교 환경생태연구소) ;
  • 이용호 (고려대학교 야생자원식물종자은행) ;
  • 나채선 (고려대학교 야생자원식물종자은행) ;
  • 이인용 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과) ;
  • 김창석 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과)
  • Received : 2014.11.14
  • Accepted : 2014.12.08
  • Published : 2014.12.31

Abstract

This study was conducted in order to investigate the distribution pattern of weeds on upland crop field in northern Gyeonggi-do. The weeds were summarized as 201 taxa including 42 families, 129 genera, 178 species, 1 subspecies, 21 varieties and 1 form. One hundred and thirty one species were classified to annual plants, accounting for 65.1% and 70 species were classified to perennials, accounting for the rest of 34.9%. Compositae was dominant family (21%), followed by Gramineae (12%), Polygonaceae (7%) and Brassicaceae (5%). Among the weeds appearing in the fields of northern Gyeonggi-do, the invasive weeds were classified to 62 species in18 families. The most dominant weed species in the fields were Portulaca oleracea, followed by Echinochloa crus-galli, Amaranthus lividus. Detrended correspondence analysis for investigation of occurrence pattern of weeds by crops revealed the occurrence pattern of weed species in adlay field were different from those in other crop fields. This information could be useful for establishment of weed control methods in northern Gyeonggi-do.

Keywords

Dominant weed;Northern Gyeonggi-do;Upland crop field

Acknowledgement

Grant : Research Program for Agricultural Science & Technology Development

Supported by : National Academy of Agricultural Science

References

  1. Curtis, J.T. and McIntosch, R.P. 1950. The interrrelations of certain analytic and synthetic phytosociological characters. Ecol. 31:434-455. https://doi.org/10.2307/1931497
  2. Braun-Blanquet, J. 1964. Pflanzensoziologie, Grundzfige der Vegetationskunde, 3rd ed. Springer, Wien-New York. USA. p. 865.
  3. Carroll, C.R., Vandermeer, J.H. and Rosset, P.M. 1990. Agroecology, p. 235. In: Weiner, J. (Eds.). Plant Population Ecology in agriculture. Mcgraw-Hill Inc., NY, USA.
  4. Chang, Y.H., Kim, C.S. and Youn, K.B. 1990. Weed occurrence in upland crop fields of Korea. Korean J. Weed Sci. 10(4):294-304. (In Korean)
  5. Choi, B.S., Song, D.Y., Roh, J.H., Ku, Y.C., Lee, C.W., et al. 2009. Distributional occurrence of weed species on different upland fields in chungcheong region. Korean J. Weed Sci. 29(2):139-149. (In Korean)
  6. Kim, J.W. 2004. Vegetation ecology, Worldscience, Seoul, Korea. pp. 1-308.
  7. Kim, S.C., Oh, Y.J. and Kwon, Y.W. 1992. Weed flora of agricultural area in Korea. Korean J. Weed Sci. 12(4):317-334. (In Korean)
  8. KNA (Korea National Arboretum). 2014. A synonymic list of vascular plants in Korea. Pochen, Gyeonggi-do, Korea. (In Korean)
  9. Lim, I.B., Kim, S. and Ahn, S.H. 2008. Weed emergence in upland field of summer crop cultivation in Honam area. Korean J. Weed Sci. 28(1):32-41. (In Korean)
  10. Park, J.E., Lee, I.Y., Park, T.S., Lim, S.T., Moon, B.C., et al. 2003. Occurrence characteristics of weed flora in upland field in Korea. Korean J. Weed Sci. 23(3):277-284. (In Korean)
  11. Park, S.H. 2009. New illustrations and photographs of naturalized plants of Korea. Ilchokak Inc., Seoul, Korea. (In Korean)
  12. Raunkiaer, C. 1934. Plant life forms. Clarendon press. Oxford, UK.
  13. Ryang, H.S., Chun, J.C. and Hwang, I.T. 1984. Change in weed flora with season and cultivated crop and land. Korean J. Weed Sci. 4(1):4-10. (In Korean)
  14. Song, J.S. 1997. A phytosociological study on the weed communities in the cultivated and abandonced fields of Korea. Korean J. Ecol. 20:191-200. (In Korean)
  15. Ter Braak, C.J.F. 1986. Canonical correspondence analysis: a new eigenvector technique for multivariate direct gradient analysis. Ecology 67:69-77. https://doi.org/10.2307/1938504

Cited by

  1. Ecological Characteristics of Weed Species on Dry Field in the Eastern Region of Korea vol.4, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2015.4.3.188