- Volume 3 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Distribution Characteristics of Weeds and Vegetation Types in Dioscorea oppostifolia Thunb. Field
마밭에 출현하는 잡초와 식생유형의 특성
- Kim, Duk-Hwan (College of Agricultural Kyungpook National University) ;
- Park, Jae-Man (College of Agricultural Kyungpook National University) ;
- Kang, Sang-Mo (College of Agricultural Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Seok-Min (College of Agricultural Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, In-Yong (Crop Protection Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Lee, In-Jung (College of Agricultural Kyungpook National University)
- 김덕환 (경북대학교 농업생명과학대학) ;
- 박재만 (경북대학교 농업생명과학대학) ;
- 강상모 (경북대학교 농업생명과학대학) ;
- 이석민 (경북대학교 농업생명과학대학) ;
- 이인용 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과) ;
- 이인중 (경북대학교 농업생명과학대학)
- Received : 2014.10.16
- Accepted : 2014.12.05
- Published : 2014.12.31
A survey was conducted to identify the occurrence of problematic weed species on the Dioscorea oppostifolia fields in South Korea. Total 43 sites of the 8 different regions in S. Korea were investigated from May to October, 2014. In yam fields, the identified weeds were distributed in 11 families and 44 species. The exotic plants were identified as 3 families, 10 genera, 10 species. The vegetation of Dioscorea oppostifolia fields was classified into communities of 7 groups by methods of the Zurich-Montpellier school of phytosociology (Xanthium canadense Community, Bidens frondosa Community, Echinochloa oryzoides Community, Eclipta prostrata Community, Portulaca oleracea Community, Centipeda minima Community, Rorippa islandica Community). The weeds occurred in Dioscorea oppostifolia fields were divided into three groups in principal component plot analysis (PCA). Without weed control, yields loss in yam production was reached up to 82% as compared to weed controlled fields.
Dioscorea oppostifolia Thunb.;vegetation;PCA analysis
Supported by : Rural Development Administration
- Becking, R.W. 1957. The Zurich-montpellier school of phytosociology Bot. Rev. 23:411-488. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02872328
- Braun-Blanquet, J. 1964. Pflanzensoziologie: grundzuge der vegetationskunde. Zweite, umgearbeitete und vermehrte Auflage. Springer-Verlag: Wien. p. 865.
- Chang, K.J., Park, B.J., Park, J.H., Kim, S.L. and Park, C.H. 2005. 2005. Tuber enlargement and chemical components of yams (Dioscorea opposita Thunb.). Korean J. Plant Res. 18(1):161-168.
- Choi, W.S. 2012. Development of functional beverage using yam (Dioscorea opposita Thunb.). Food Industry Nutr. 17(2):20-22.
- JanuekoviE, F. and Novak, T. 2012. PCAA powerful method for analyze ecological niches. p. 127.
- Kim, I.J., Nam, S.Y., Choi, S.Y., Song, I.G., Kim, D.S., et al. 2010. Comparison of root growth and yield by tuber types of Dioscortea opposita Thunb. Korean J. Intl. Agri. 22(2):134-138.
- KNA (Korea National Arboretum). 2007. A synonymic list of vascular plants in Korea. Korea National Arboretum. Pochen, Gyeonggi, Korea.
- Kim, I.J., Nam, S.Y., Choi, S.Y., Yun, C.K., Lee, J.S., et al. 2011. Effects of years of cultivation on the growth and yied of epiphyte bulbil in dioscorea opposita. Korean J. Intl. Agri. 23(3):292-296.
- Kim, J.W. and Lee, Y.K. 2006. Classification and assessment of plant communities. Worldscience, Seoul, Korea. (In Korean)
- Lee, Y.K., Kwon, S.G. and Baek, H.M. 2007. The riparian vegetation characteristics in habitats of Cottus koreanus (Cottidae: Osteichthyes). Kor. J. Env. Eco. 21(5):390-399.
- Lee, Y. N. 2006. New flora of Korea. Gyohaksa, Seoul, Korea. (In Korean)
- Lee, I.Y., Kim, C.S., Lee, J.R., Kim, J.H., Kim, K.H., et al. 2014. The occurrence of weed species in cultivated Ligularia fischeri Fields. Weed Turf. Sci. 3(2):95-101. https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2014.3.2.95
- Onwueme, I.C. 1978. The tropical tuber crops; yams, cassava, sweet potato and coco yam. John Wiley Chichester, UK.
- Park, S.H. 2009. New illustrations and photographs of naturalized plants of Korea. Ilchokak Inc., Seoul, Korea. (In Korean)
- Raunkiaer, C. 1934. The life forms of plants and statistical plant geography. Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK.
- Seaby, R.M.H. and Henderson, P.A. 2007. Community analysis package 4-Reference manual and user' guide to CAP for window program. Pisces, UK.
- Shin, J.H., Kim, S.K., Kang, D.K. and Park, S.Z. 2014. Effect of fertilizer and organic matter level on marketable tuber production in Chinese yam (Dioscorea opposita). Korean J. Crop Sci. 59(2):144-150. https://doi.org/10.7740/kjcs.2014.59.2.144
- Ecological Characteristics of Weed Species on Dry Field in the Eastern Region of Korea vol.4, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2015.4.3.188