- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Effects of a Smoking Cession Program Using Telephone Counselling and Text Messaging for Patients after Ischemic Heart Disease
전화상담과 문자메시지 제공이 허혈성 심질환자의 금연에 미치는 효과
- Kim, Eun-Shim (College of nursing, Institute of health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Choi, Hye-Ok (Department of Nursing, International University of Korea)
- Received : 2014.10.10
- Accepted : 2014.12.11
- Published : 2014.12.31
The study was conducted as a quasi-experimental study targeting 60 patients with ischemic heart disease to determine how the smoking cessation program that uses telephone counseling and text messaging (short message) affects smoking cessation self-efficacy, nicotine dependence, co levels, and smoking cessation rate of the first, second experimental group at varying times of arbitration and control group. An examination of the effects of this program revealed the control group to have a significant increase in smoking cessation self-efficacy, smoking cessation rate than the first and second group but a significant decrease in the nicotine dependence, co levels. In addition, although the control group showed a significant increase in smoking cessation self efficacy, smoking cessation rate and a significant decrease in co levels than other groups, there was no difference in nicotine dependence. Therefore, a smoking cessation program that uses telephone counseling and text messaging (short message) for patients with ischemic heart disease worked for the smoking cessation rate and appeared to be more effective, depending on the times of arbitration.
- D. H. Kim, H. L. Kim, H. J. Oh, H. H. Jeon,"Cardiology", pp. 446-447, Yedangbooks, Seoul, 2011.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare [cited 2013 September]. Available From: http://www.mw.go.kr/front_new/al/sal0301vw.jsp
- W. R. Lee, J. D. Seo, "Clinical Cardiology", Korea medical book, Seoul, 2007.
- Willett WC, Green A, Stampfer M. J.,et al. Relative and absolute excess risks of coronary heart disease among women who smoke cigarettes. The New England Journal Medicine, 317, pp. 1303-1309, 1987. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1056/NEJM198711193172102 https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM198711193172102
- American College of Cardiology Foundation, American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 61(4), pp. 485-510, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2012.11.018
- D. S. Sim, J. H. Kim, M. H. Jeong, Differences in clinical ourcomes between patients with ST-elevation versus non-ST-elevation acute myocardial infarction in Korea, Korean Journal of Cardiology, 39(8), pp. 297-303, 2009.
- Barth, J., Critchley, J. A., Bengel, J., Efficacy of psychosocial Interventions for smoking cessation in patients with coronary heart disease: a systemic review and meta-analysis, Annals of Behavior Medicine, 32(1), pp. 10-20, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1207/s15324796abm3201_2 https://doi.org/10.1207/s15324796abm3201_2
- Critchley, J. A., Capewell, S., Mortality risk reduction associated with coronary heart disease: a systemic review, Journal of the Americal Medical Association, 290(1), pp. 86-97, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1001/jama.290.1.86 https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.290.1.86
- S. H. Cho, Effects of a smoking cessation education on smoking cessation, endothelial function, the serum carboxyhemoglobin, and quality of life in smoking patients with variant angina, Graduate School, unpublished Doctor's thesis, Chonnam National University, 2011.
- W. H. Jeon, H. S. Yun, Effcts of smoking cessation education for patients with percutaneous coronary intervention, Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 24(3), 274-283. 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.2.274 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.2.274
- K. H. Suh, J. M. You, Decision-Tree model of long- term abstention from smoking: 2 years following smoking cessation program, The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, 9(4), pp. 903-922, 2004.
- Whittaker, R., Borland, R., Bullen, C., Lin, R. B., McRobbie, H., Rodgers, A., Mobile phone-based intervention for smoking cessation, The Cochrane Database of Systemic Reviews, 4, 2009.
- Zhu, S, H., Anderson, C. M., Tedeschi, G. J., Rosbrook, B., Johnson, C. E., Byrd, M., et al, Evidence of real world effectiveness of a telephone quitline for smokers, The New England Journal of Medicine, 347(14), pp. 1087-1093, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1056/NEJMsa020660 https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMsa020660
- J. H. Gong, Young MI Ha, Effects of a smoking Cessation program including telephone counseling and text Messaging using stages of change for outpatients after a myocardial infarction, Journal of Korean Academy Nursing, 43(4), pp. 557-567, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.4.557 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.4.557
- Velicer, W. F., Diclemente, C. C., Rossi, J. S., Prochaska, J. O., Relapse situations and self efficacy: An intergrative model, Addictive Behaviors, 15(3), pp. 271-283. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0306-4603(90)90070-E
- H, K., Ann, H. J. Lee, D. S. Jung, S. Y. Lee, S. W. Kim, J. H. Kang, The reliability and Validity of Korean Version of Questionnaire for Nicotine Dependence, Journal of the Korean Academy of Family Medicine, 23(8), pp. 999-1008, 2002.
- Y. H. Kim, J. S. Kim, M. S. Kim, Effectiveness of public health center smoking cessation counseling program using the transtheoretical Model, Journal of Korean Academy Nursing, 39(4), pp. 469-479. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2009.39.4.469 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2009.39.4.469
- Bandura, A., "Self-efficacy in changing societies", Seoul, Hakjisa, pp. 300-315, 2004.
- M. G. Park, G. S. Gang, N. Y. Kim, Effects of a smoking cessation program on amount of smoking and nicotine dependence and self-efficacy of smoking, Journal of Korean Academy Nursing, 37(7), pp. 1073-1079, 2007. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.7.1073
- C. D. Yeo, H. H. Kang, J. Y. Kang, S. K. Kim, M. S. Kim, S. S. Kim, S H. Lee, H. S. Moon, A short-term effectiveness of smoking cessation intervention in outpatient department of pulmonology, Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, 71(2), pp. 114-119, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4046/trd.2011.71.2.114 https://doi.org/10.4046/trd.2011.71.2.114
- N. S. Seo, Y. H. Kim, H. Y. Kang, Effects of a smoking cessation program on amount of smoking and nicotine dependence and self-efficacy of smoking cessation for smoking workers, Journal of Korean Academy Nursing, 37(7), pp. 1073-1079, 2007. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.7.1073
- K. J. Lee, M. H. Lee, The effects of smoking cessation through a smoking cessation counselling program on expiratory CO concentration, BMI, blood pressure, liver function, lipid metabolism in smoking cessation successes, Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, 19(2), pp. 234-246, 2008.
- Dornealas, F. A., Sampson, R. A., Gray, J. F. Waters, D., Thompson, P. D., A randomized controlled trial of smoking cessation counselling after myocardial infarction, Preventive Medicine, 30(4), pp. 261-268, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1006/pmed.2000.0644 https://doi.org/10.1006/pmed.2000.0644
- Frandsen, N. B., Sorensen, M., Hyldahl, T. K., Henriksen, R. M. Bak, S., Smoking cessation intervention after ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack. A randomized controlled pilot trial, Nicotine & Tabacco Research, 14(4), pp. 443-447, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntr233 https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntr233
- Haug, S., Meyer, C., Schorr, G., Bauer, S., John, U., Continuous individual support of smoking cessation using text messaging: a pilot experimental study, Nicotine & Tobacco Research, 11(8), pp. 915-923, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntp084 https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntp084
- Ybarra, M. L., Holtrop, J. S., Prescott, T. L., Rahbar, M. H., A text messaging-based smoking cessation program for young adults, Nicotine & Tobacco Research, 15(8), pp. 1388-1399, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/ntr/nts339 https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/nts339