- Volume 23 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Evaluation on the Effect of Air Quality Improvement Due to the Employment of Clean-Road System in Daegu
대구의 클린로드 시스템 운영에 따른 대기 질 개선효과 평가
- Kim, Sung-Rak (College of Environment, Keimyung University) ;
- Jung, Eung-Ho (College of Environment, Keimyung University) ;
- Kim, Hae-Dong (College of Environment, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2014.09.11
- Accepted : 2014.12.11
- Published : 2014.12.31
To improve air quality around a broad way, Daegu Metropolitan city employed the clean-road system at a part of the broad way of Dalgubul (Daigubul-daero) in 2011. The clean-road system in general is operated two times (4 am, 2 pm) during summertime. In case of scorching alert, the system is operated 3 times a day (4 am, 2 pm and 4 pm). To evaluate the effect of air quality improvement due to the system, we analyzed the time variation of monthly mean particulate matter (PM10) concentration in recent 3 years (2011-2013). The improvement of air quality was estimated at about 5~15 % under the system.
Supported by : 대구녹색환경지원센터
- Ahn, W. S., Park, M. H., Kim, H. D., 2007, Sensitivity analysis of air pollutants dispersion model in the road neighboring area due to the line source - the object on ISCST3, CALINE4 model, 16, Journal of the environmental sciences, 715-723. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2007.16.6.715
- Baek, S. O., 2011, Assessment of air quality at a heavy-traffic site in Daegu city with respect to the operation of clean-road system, Daegu regional environmental technology development center, 1-7.
- Daegu metropolitan city, 2013, Environmental white book, 99-169.
- Lee, S. H., 2008, A study of the impact of an improvement road pavement technology on the thermal structure of atmospheric boundary layer, Journal of korean society for atmospheric environment, 24, 551-561. https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2008.24.5.551
- Ministry of environment, 2008, A feasibility study on the model project to reduce re-dispersed minute dust over road, Seoul, Korea.
- Park, M. H., Kim, H. D., Hong, J. H., 2003, Emission estimation of air pollutants in Daegu, Journal of the environmental sciences, 12, 23-34. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2003.12.1.023
- Kim, H. D., Park, M. H., Lee, J. Y., 2003, On the meteorological influence on the automobil air pollution in Daegu, Journal of the environmental sciences, 12, 987-996. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2003.12.9.987
- Observational Study to Investigate Thermal Environment and Effect of Clean- Road System over a Broad Way of Daegu in Summer vol.24, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.9.1171