- Volume 39C Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Performance Evaluation of ISA100.11a Superframe Using Deadline Monotonic Scheduling
마감 단조 스케줄링을 사용한 ISA100.11a 슈퍼프레임 성능평가
- Saputra, Oka Danil ;
- Shin, Soo Young
- Received : 2014.09.29
- Accepted : 2014.12.02
- Published : 2014.12.31
Recently, wireless technology gains attention for industrial networks due to low cost, flexibility, relatively easy installation and most importantly, solving the rouring issue. ISA100.11a is one of promising standard for wireless industrial networks (WINs). Data traffic in industrial networks are known to be periodic and must satisfy the real-time property namely deadline. Therefore, in this paper, we proposed to apply deadline monotonic scheduling to periodic tasks in ISA100.11a networks and to evaluate the performance of ISA100.11a by checking the schedulability and beacon frame overhead. Simulation results showns, that our proposed scheme can reduces the network overhead while maintaining schedulability as compared to the previous algorithm. In addition, by reducing the network overhead, our proposed scheme can send more data without degrading the overall performance of WINs.
- S. Misbahuddin and N. Al-Holou, "Improving inter-processor data transfer rates over industrial networks," in Proc. Int. Conf. Comput. Syst. Appl., pp. 547-553, Amman, May 2007.
- IEC 61158-5, Digital data communications for measurement and control Fieldbus for use in industrial control systems, International Electrotechnical Commission, Jan. 2000.
- European Committee for Electro technical Standardization, Industrial communications subsystem based on ISO 11898 (CAN) for controller device interfaces, Nederlands Normalisation Institute, 09 Jul. 2009.
- H. Hayashi, T. Hasegawa, and K. Demachi, "Wireless technology for process automation," in Proc. Int. Joint Conf. ICCAS-SICE 2009, pp. 4591-4594, Fukuoka, Japan, Aug. 2009.
- An ISA Standard, Wireless systems for industrial automation Process control and related applications, ISA100.11a Working Group, 2009.
- F. P. Rezha and S. Y. Shin, "Performance evaluation of ISA100.11A industrial wireless network," in Proc. Int. Inf. Commun. Technol. (IETICT 2013), pp. 587-592, Apr. 2013.
- F. Dewanta, F. P. Rezha, and D. S. Kim, "Message scheduling approach on dedicated time slot of ISA100.11a," in Proc. Int. ICT Convergence (ICTC 2012), pp. 466-471, Oct. 2012.
- O. D. Saputra and S. Y. Shin, "Deadline monotonic scheduling to reduce overhead of superframe in ISA100.11a," in Proc. KICS Summer Conf. 2014, Jeju Island, South Korea, Jun. 2014.
- O. D. Saputra and S. Y. Shin, "Superframe scheduling with beacon enable mode in wireless industrial networks," in Proc. Int. Workshops Electrical Comput. Eng. (IWMSN 2014), pp. 199-203, Istanbul, Turkey, Aug. 2014.
- M. H. Klein, J. P. Lehoczky, and R. Rajkumar, "Ratemonotonic analysis for realtime industrial computing," Computer, pp. 24-33, Jan. 1994.
- ISA100 Wireless Compliant. The Technology Behind the ISA100.11a Standard, An Exploration, Retrieved May, 10, 2014, from http://www.isa100wci.org.
- N. C. Jaudsley, A. Burns, M. F. Richardson, and A. J. Wellings, "Hard real-time scheduling: The deadline monotonic approach," in Proc. Workshop on Real-Time Operating Syst. Softw., pp. 133-137, Georgia, USA, 1991.
- C. Vincent, Task scheduler beta (2013). Retrieved Mar., 15, 2014, from http://www.mathworks.com
Supported by : MSIP (Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning)