- Volume 3 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analysis and Design of Separated Permanent-Magnet Actuator for 225AF Molded Case Circuit Breaker
- Park, Hyeon-Jeong (Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Seoul Nat'l University) ;
- Kim, So-Hyun (Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Seoul Nat'l University) ;
- Ro, Jong-Suk (Brain Korea 21 Plus Creative Research Engineer Development, Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Seoul Nat'l University) ;
- Jung, Hyun-Kyo (Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Seoul Nat'l University)
- Received : 2014.10.27
- Accepted : 2014.11.20
- Published : 2014.12.01
The conventional motor-driven MCCB (molded-case circuit breaker) is not only large in size, but also inefficient in performance. To solve these problems, this paper suggests SPMA (separate permanent-magnet actuator), a novel magnetic actuator. In this paper, SPMA is designed for a 225AF MCCB and compared to a conventional motor-driven MCCB and to an EMFA (electro-magnetic force driving actuator)-type MCCB.
Supported by : KD Power
- X. Li, D. Chen, Y. Wang, Q. Wang, and Y. Geng, "Analysis of the interruption process of molded case circuit breakers," IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, vol. 30, no. 3, pp.375-382, September, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCAPT.2007.900051
- D. J. Cho, D. K. Woo, J. S. Ro, T. K. Chung, and H. K. Jung, "Novel electromagnetic actuator using a permanent magnet and an inter-locking mechanism for a magnetic switch," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 2229-2232, May, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2013.2242432
- J. S. Ro, S. K. Hong, and H. K. Jung, "Characteristic analysis and design of a novel permanent magnetic actuator for a vacuum circuit breaker," IET Electric Power Applications, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 87-96, February, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2012.0176
- D. K. Cheng, Field and eave electromagnetics, 1992.
- J. H. Kang, H. K. Jung, "Dynamic behavior analysis of permanent magnetic actuator in vacuum circuit breaker," The seventh International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 2004.
- S. K. Hong, B. J. Bae, D. J. Cho, and H. K. Jung, "Design of Electromagnetic Force driving Actuator(EMFA) and linkage for Molded Case Circuit Breaker," International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 2010.