- Volume 3 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Design and Analysis Method for A DC Magnetic Contactor with a Permanent Magnet
- Kim, So-Hyun (Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Seoul Nat'l University) ;
- Park, Hyeon-Jeong (Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Seoul Nat'l University) ;
- Ro, Jong-Suk (Brain Korea 21 Plus Creative Research Engineer Development, Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Seoul Nat'l University) ;
- Jung, Hyun-Kyo (Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Seoul Nat'l University)
- Received : 2014.10.27
- Accepted : 2014.11.20
- Published : 2014.12.01
The demand for a DC power distributed system is increasing as renewable energy sources and DC electrical load are proliferating. For the automation of a power system, a magnetic contactor for the DC power system is required. The conventional magnetic contactors are mostly equipped with a solenoid magnetic actuator. However, the conventional magnetic contactor has problems with continuous power consumption, and heat generation. To address these problems, a permanent magnet type DC magnetic contactor is proposed in this paper.
Supported by : KD Power
- D. J. Cho, D. K. Woo, J. S. Ro, T. K. Chung, and H. K. Jung, "Novel electromagnetic actuator using a permanent magnet and an inter-locking mechanism for a magnetic switch," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol.49, no. 5, 2013.
- David K. Cheng, Field and wave electromagnetics, chapter7, 1992.
- S. J. Salon, Finite element analysis of electrical machines, Messachusetts: Kluwer Academic Publishers, Chapter 3, 1995.
- A. J. Davies, The finite element method, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1980.