- Volume 3 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A New Controllable Active Clamp Algorithm for Switching Loss Reduction in a Module Integrated Converter System
- Park, Chang-Seok (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Kyungnam University) ;
- Jung, Tae-Uk (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Kyungnam University)
- Received : 2014.10.17
- Accepted : 2014.11.09
- Published : 2014.12.01
This paper proposes a new switching algorithm for an active clamp snubber to improve the efficiency of a module integrated converter system. This system uses an active clamp method for the snubber circuit for the efficiency and reliability of the system. However, the active clamp snubber circuit has the disadvantage that system efficiency is decreased by switch operating time because of heat loss in resonance between the snubber capacitor and leakage inductance. To address this, this paper proposes a new switching algorithm. The proposed algorithm is a technique to reduce power consumption by reducing the resonance of the snubber switch operation time. Also, the snubber switch is operated at zero voltage switching by turning on the snubber switch before main switch turn-off. Simulation and experimental results are presented to show the validity of the proposed new active clamp control algorithm.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- Chang-Seok Park, June-Woo Jo, Tae-Uk Jung, "New Active clamp Technique for Switching Losses Reduction of MIC Systems" Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 2013 International Conference on, pp.1697-1701,Oct.2013.
- J. T. Bialasiewicz, "Renewable energy systems with photovoltaic power generators: operation and modeling," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 55, no. 7, pp.2752-2758, Jul. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.920583
- U. A. Miranda, M. Aredes, and L. G. B. Rolim, "A dq synchronous reference frame control for single-phase converters," in IEEE Power Electron. Spec. Conf. (PESC), pp. 1377-1381, 2005.
- J. M. Guerrero, F. Blaabjerg, T. Zhelev, K. Hemmes, E. Monmasson, S. Jemei, M. P. Comech, R. Granadino, and J .I. Frau, "Distributed generation: toward a new energy paradigm," IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 52-64, Mar. 2010.
- N. Lakshminarasamma and V. Ramanarayanan, "A unified model for the ZVS DC-DC converters with active clamp," J. Indian Inst. Sci., vol. 86, pp. 99-112, Mar. 2006.
- C. M. C. Duarte and I. Barbi, "An improved family of ZVS-PWM activeclamping DC-to-DC converters," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 1-7, Jan. 2002.
- Min Chen and Jian Sun, "Reduce order averaged modeling of activeclamp converters," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 487-494, Mar. 2006 https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2005.869761
- N. D. Benavides and P. L. Chapman, "Modeling the effect of voltage ripple on the power output of photovoltaic modules," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 2638-2643, Jul. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.921442
- Xia Xintao, "Evaluation of Potential for Developing Renewable Sources of Energy to Facilitate Development Developing Countries," Power and Energy Engineering Conference., pp.1-3, Mar.2010.
- In-Dong Kim,Eui-Cheol Nho,andBose, B.K.,"A new snubber circuit for multilevel inverter and converter", IEEE Industry Applications Conference, vol.2, pp.1432-1439, Oct.1998.
- Kuo, P.H.,Liang, T.J.,Tseng, K.C.,Chen, J.F.,andChen, S.M.,"A Isolated high step-up forward / flyback activeclamp converter without put voltage lift", IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition., pp.542-548, Sept.2010.
- O. Hegazy, J. Van Mierlo, and P. Lataire : Analysis, control and implementation of a high-power interleaved boost converter for fuel cell hybrid electric vehicle, Int. Rev. Electr. Eng., vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 1739-1747, 2011.
- Mohammad Kamil, "AN 1338", Grid-Connected Solar Microinverter Reference Design Using a dsPIC(R) Digital Signal Controller., pp. 1-56, 2010.
- Alex Dumais and Sabarish Kalyanaraman, "AN 1444", Grid-Connected Solar Microinverter Reference Design., pp. 1-54, 2012