- Volume 3 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Design, Development and Analysis of Embedded Systems for Condition Monitoring of Rotating Machines using FFT Algorithm
- Dessai, Sanket (Dept. of Computer Engineering, MSRSAS) ;
- Naaz, Zakiyaunnissa Alias Naziya (Dept. of Computer Engineering, MSRSAS)
- Received : 2014.10.20
- Accepted : 2014.11.19
- Published : 2014.12.01
Rotating machines are an integral part of large electrical power machinery in most of the industries. Any degradation or outages in the rotating electric machinery can result in significant losses in productivity. It is critical to monitor the equipment for any degradation's so that it can serve as an early warning for adequate maintenance activities and repair. Prior research and field studies have indicated that the rotating machines have a particular type of signal structure during the initial start-up transient. A machine performance can be studied based on the effect of degradation in signal parameters. In this paper a data-acquisition system and the FFT algorithm has been design and model using the MATLAB and Simulink. The implementation had been carried out on the TMS320 DSP Processor and various testing and verification of the machine performance had been carried out. The results show good agreement with expected results for both simulated and real-time data. The real-time data from AC water pumps which have rotating motors built-in were collected and analysed. The FFT algorithm provides frequency response and based on this frequency response performance of the machine had been measured.The FFT algorithm provides only approximation about the machine performances.
- J. Fan, W. Zhongqiu and Z. Zhencai, "Fault Severity Estimation of Rotating Machinery Based on Residual Signals," Advances in Mechinical Engineering, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, July 2012.
- F.Badour, M Sunar, L.Cheded, "Vibration Analysis of Rotating Machinery Using Time-Frequency Analysis and Wavelet Techniques," King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran 31261,Saudi Arabia,3rd Edition, August 2008.
- Z.P. Tomasz and D Krzysztof, "Frequency and Damping Estimation Methods" AGH University of Science and Technology, Department of Tele communications, August 2011, pp.32-48
- L. Cheded and M. Sunar, "Non-stationary Vibration Signal Analysis of rotating machinery via Time-Frequency and Wavelet techniques," International Conference on Information Sciences Signal Processing and their Applications(ISSPA),IEEE Explore, May 2010,pp.21-24.
- B.Hocine, B.Salah and B.S.Mohamed, "Application of Wavelet Transform for Fault Diagnosis in Rotating Machinery," International Journal of machine Learning and computing, Vol 2,No 1.February 2012,pp.82-87
- A.A. Lakis, "Rotating Machinery Fault Diagnosis Using Time-Frequency Methods," 7th WSEAS International Conference on Electric Power Systems, High Voltages, Electric Machines, Venice, Italy, November 21-23,2007,pp.139-144.
- D.Subhra, M.F.Quereshi, A.Reddy, D.Chandrakar, D.Pansari, "A Wavelet Based Multiresolution analysis for Real-Time Condition Monitoring of AC Machine Using Vibration Analysis," International Journal of Scienctific and Engineering Research Vol2, Issue 10,Octomber 2011, pp.1-5.
- N. Milind, "Bearing Fault Analysis Using frequency Analysis and Wavelet Analysis," International Journal of Innovation, Management and technology,Vol.4,No1,February 2013,pp.90-92
- C.Sujatha and C.Chandran, "On Various specialized Vibration techniques for detection of bearing faults", Department of Applied Mechanics, Indian Institute of technology, Madras 600 036,India
- R.Yan and R.Gao, "Impact of wavlet basis on Vibrational analysis for rolling bearing defect diagnosis," School of Instrument Science and Engineering Southest University, Nanjing 210096, China.
- Q.Shuren, "Sampling Technique in Wavelet Analysis of Vibrating Signals of Rotating Machinery," Chongqing University,China,40044
- D.F.Shi, F.Tsung, P.J.Unsworth, "Adaptive Time-Frequency Decomposition for transient Vibrational Monitoring Machinery" Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Elsevier Ltd,2003,pp.127-141
- A. Muszynska, Vibrational diagnostics of rotating machinery malfunctions, International Journal of Rotating Machinery 1 (1995) pp.237-266. https://doi.org/10.1155/S1023621X95000108
- D.E. Newland, Wavelet analysis of vibration part2: wavelet maps, ASME Transactions, Journal of Vibration and Acoustics 116 (1994) pp.417-425. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2930444
- G. Genta, C. Delprete, Acceleration through critical speeds of an anistropic, non-linear, torsionally stiff rotor with many degrees of freedom, Journal of Sound and Vibration 180 (1995) 369-386. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1995.0085