- Volume 3 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of High Efficiency Boost DC/DC Converter For EV
- Song, Sung-Geon (Digital Convergence Research Center, KETI) ;
- Lee, Sang-Hun (Dept. of Automatic Electrical Engineering, Youngnam University College) ;
- Song, Hyun-Jig (Dept. of Automatic Electrical Engineering, Youngnam University College) ;
- Park, Seong-Mi (Dept. of Mechatronics, Korea Lift College)
- Received : 2014.10.13
- Accepted : 2014.11.09
- Published : 2014.12.01
In this paper, reactorless high efficiency boost DC/DC converter for EV is proposed. In proposed converter, improves efficiency because decrease power loss when the switches are turned on/off using zero current switching (ZCS) at all switch of primary full bridge. By replacing reactance ingredients of L-C resonance circuit for ZCS with leakage inductance ingredients of high frequency transformer, it reduces system size and expense because of not add special reactor. For validity verification of proposed converter, in the paper implements simulation using PSIM and perform experiment by making 5KW DC/DC converter. In experimental results, efficiency of proposed converter conformed superiority.
- Toyota Environmental Technology Report "Toyota Hybrid System THS II"
- I.A. Khan, "DC-to-DC Converters for Electric and Hybrid Vehicles", Power Electronics in Transportation, 20-22, pp. 113-122, 1994, Oct.