- Volume 3 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Noise and Vibration Analysis of 200kW PMSM for Electric Propulsion Ship
- Cho, Yang-Uk (Electric & Electronic Research Division, Korea Marine Equipment Research Institute) ;
- Kang, Gyu-Hong (Electric & Electronic Research Division, Korea Marine Equipment Research Institute)
- Received : 2014.10.25
- Accepted : 2014.11.15
- Published : 2014.12.01
This paper presents one of the methods for design to reduce the noise and vibration of 200kW motor for electric propulsion ship. One of the important factors affecting vibration of the motor is the resonance. The natural frequency and natural mode of the 200kW motor is analyzed by using FEM tool and impact test equipment to avoid the resonance. Also, compare FEM result with impact test result to make a reliable FE model of 200kW motor. In order to find out the effect of the noise and vibration of the motor by electromagnetic excitation force, conduct electromagnetic-structure coupled analysis. These characteristics are much useful to design 200kW motor for electric propulsion ship.
Supported by : Ministry of Trade, industry & Energy
- W. H. Kim, I. H. Hong and J. T. Chung, "A study on noise reduction for the driving system of a forklift," Transactions of the Korean society for noise and vibration, vol. 18, no. 1, pp.80-86, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2008.18.1.080
- H. J. Lee, J. H. Kwon, C. M. Lee, G. Y. Hwang and S. M. Hwang, "Analysis of noise characteristics considering magnetic force of IPM motor," KSNVE, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 439-446.
- S. P. Verma and A. Balan, "Determination of radial force in relation to noise and vibration problems of squirrel-cage induction motors," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 404-412, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.300130
- R. William, "An analytic approach to solving motor vibration problems" IEEE., vol. 36, pp. 1476-1480, 2000.
- D. G. Dorell, "Calculation of unbalanced magnetic pull in small cage induction motors with skewed rotors and dynamic rotor eccentricity," IEEE Transaction of Energy Conversion, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 483-488, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.536997
- J. F. Gieras, C. Wang and J. C. Laj, "Noise of Polyphase Electrical Motors," Taylor & Francis Group, ISBN 01-8247-2381-3