- Volume 3 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Influence of Stator Pole Shape and Its Arrangements on Cogging Torque for Double-sided AFPM Generator
- Kim, Chang-Eob (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Jang, Joong-Keun (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Joo, Sung-Jun (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2014.10.16
- Accepted : 2014.11.15
- Published : 2014.12.01
In this paper, the cogging torques were calculated for 1kw double-sided axial flux permanent magnet (AFPM) generator with different stator core pole arrangements. The generator is composed of 18 stator pole and 24 rotating field magnets on each side. The cogging torques of the generator with three types of arrangements of stator poles were calculated using 3D finite element method and the optimum core shape was determined to minimize the cogging torque.
- J. F. Gieras, R. J. Wang, and M. J. Kamper, "Axial flux permanent magnet brushless machines," 2nd ed., Springer, pp. 1-19, 2008.
- F. Profumo, Z. Zhang, and A. Tenconi, "Axial flux Machines drives: a new viable solution for electric cars," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol.44, no.1, pp. 39-45, 1997.
- Z. Zhang, F. Profumo, and A. Tenconi, "Design of an axial flux Iinterior PM synchronous motor with a wide speed range," Proceedings of International Conference on Electrical Machines, vol.III, pp. 273-278, 1996.
- M. Aydin and M. Gulec, "Reduction of cogging torque in double-rotor axial-flux permanent-magnet disk motors: a review of cost-effective magnet-skewing techniques with experimental verification," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol.61, no.9, pp. 5025-5034, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2013.2276777
- Gyeong-Chan Lee and Tae-Uk Jung, "Optimal cogging torque reduction design of dual stator radial flux permanent magnet generator," 15th European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications (EPE), pp. 1-9, 2013.
- A. Mahmoudi, S. Kahourzade, N. A. Rahim, H. W. Ping, and M. N. Uddin, "Design and prototyping of an optimized axialflux permanent-magnet synchronous machine," Electric Power Applications, vol.7, no.5, pp. 338-349, 349, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2012.0377