- Volume 3 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Improved Dual Closed-loops PWM Control of PM DC Servomotor - a Case Study of Undergraduate Education for Electrical Engineering
- Cao, Hongtai (College of Electrical Engineering, Zhejiang University)
- Received : 2014.09.25
- Accepted : 2014.10.15
- Published : 2014.12.01
PID control method usually has problems of overshoot and oscillation in high order control system, therefore, it is important to improve the control method so as to reduce the overshoot and oscillation. Based on MATLAB simulation, a permanent magnet (PM) DC servomotor control system is studied in this paper. The motor is modeled according to the universal motor theory, and with the help of the fourth order Ronge-Kutta method, its speed control is simulated and compared between two different dual closed-loops PWM control methods. This case study helps undergraduate students to better understand theories related to electrical engineering, such as electrical machinery, power electronics and control theory, as well as digital solution of state equations.
Supported by : Zhejiang University
- A. K. Pal and R. K. Mudi, "Speed control of DC motor using relay feedback tuned PI, fuzzy PI and self-tuned fuzzy PI controller," Control Theory and Informatics, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 24-32, 2012.
- D. Zhao, C. Li and J. Ren, "Fuzzy speed control and stability analysis of a networked induction motor system with time delays and packet dropouts," Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 273-287, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nonrwa.2010.06.014
- S. K. Gupta and P. Varshney, "Fractional fuzzy PID controller for speed control of DC motor," Proceeding in Third International Conference on Advances in Computing and Communications (ICACC 2013), pp. 1-4, 2013.
- R. Prakash and R. Vasanthi, "Speed control of DC-DC converter fed DC motor using robust adaptive intelligent controller," Journal of Vibration and Control, 2014.
- S. K. Patel, D. Sahu, V. S. Thakur, et al, "Efficient harmonics reduction based three phase H-bridge speed controller for DC motor speed control using hysteresis controlled synchronized pulse generator," International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical and Electronics, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 2185-2190, 2013.
- X. Wang, Z. Sun, L. Wang, et al, "Simulation and optimization of parameters on DC motor double closed-loop control system based on simulink," Proceeding in International Conference on Intelligent Human-Machine Systems and Cybernetics (IHMSC'09), vol. 1, pp. 153-155, 2009.
- P. Amiri and M. Bagheri, "Speed control of DC motor by programmable logic control with high accuracy," 2013.