- Volume 22 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Influence Factors Analysis of The Street Revaitalization by Spatial Distribution of Small Retail Businesses' Classification in Seoul City
서울시 업종별 점포의 공간분포가 가로활성화에 미치는 영향요인 분석
- Won, You Ho (Graduated School of Urban Studies, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Choi, Chang Gyu (Graduated School of Urban Studies, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Lee, Joo Hyung (Graduated School of Urban Studies, Hanyang Univ.)
- Received : 2014.09.29
- Accepted : 2014.12.31
- Published : 2014.12.31
This study analyzed an impact relationship between the variable of street based on the walking enhancement factors and the street revitalization. In detail, walking enhancement factors include a physical environment, accessibility and a density which was derived from previous studies. In addition, This study also analyzed the diversity of the profession which was emphasized by Jacobs(1961) and the influence of the specific space on street revitalization that was emphasized by Ray Oldenburg (1989) and Richard MacCormac (1983). The anlaysis by types showed the walking enhancement factors, including street envirnoment, accessibility, density and diversity, which were emphasized by Jacobs(1961) possessed similararites between weekdays and weekends. On contrast, the spatial distribution of stores showed a major difference of influences on street revitalization between weekdays and weekends as Ray Oldenburg (1989) and Richard MacComac (1983) has insisted.
Pedestrian Volume;Diversity;Density of Retail;Jane Jacobs;Revaitalization in The Street
- Al-Azzawi, M; Raeside, R. 2007, Modeling Pedestrian Walking Speeds on Sidewalks, Journal of Urban Planning and Development, 133(3): 211-219. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9488(2007)133:3(211)
- Jacobs, J. 1961, 1992, The death and life of great American cities, New York: Vintage.
- Brown, B. B; Yamada, I; Smith, K. R., Zick; C. D., Kowaleski-jones, L; Fan, J. X. 2009. Mixed land use and walkability: Variations in land use measures and relationships with BMI, overweight, and obesity, Health & Place, 15(4):1130-1141. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healthplace.2009.06.008
- Choi, G. L. 2008, Study on Improvements in Pedestrian Environment of Urban Commercial Streets, The Journal of Architecture Institute of Korea, 24(12):237-248.
- Choi, M. J; Shin. S. M. 2001. An Empirical Analysis of the Effect of Pedestrian Volume on Retail Sales, The Journal of Korea Planners Association. 36(2):75-86
- Gum, G. J; Lee, G. S; Chea, B. M; Lee, G. S 2010, A Study of Walkway Level of service reckon with Pedestrian Characteristic on Complex-transit center, Journal of Korea Transportation Research Society, 28(5):7-15.
- Jung. E. U. 2002. Vitalization Factors and Design Guidelines for Commercial Streets; by the application of Vitalization Factors and Existing Commercial Streets to the Design Guidelines of new Commercial Area, Graduated school of Jungang University, master's degree.
- Jung. S. 2007, Improving Sidewalk Design Standard in Seoul; Learning From the Foreign Standards, The Journal of Seoul Institute, 8(4):139-153.
- Jho, B. S; Yoon, H. J. 2003, An Analysis of the Pedestrian's Cognitive Characteristics by the Pedestrian Environment Pattern in the Downtown Commercial Area, The Journal of Architecture Institute of Korea, 17:97-104.
- Kang, H. B; Kim, G. J; Kim, G. H. 2009, Public Place-Urban Space; The Dimensions of Urban Design, DEAGA publishing company.
- Kim, J. H; Lee, M. H. 2008, A Study on Streetscape Evaluation Considering the Perception and Cognition Characteristics Structure - Focused on the Commercial Street around Konkuk University, Journal of Urban Planning and Development, 163:21-36.
- Kim, T. H; Go, J. S. 2012, Store density by the population and pedestrian volume; the case of Food and beverage service activities in Seoul, the Conference of Korea real estate academy.
- Lee, M. H; Ahan, G. H. 2007, The Correlation between Neighborhood Characteristics and Walking of Residents, Journal of Urban Planning and Development., 159:105-118.
- Oldenburg, R. 1989, The Great Good Place, Marlowe & Company.
- McConville, M. E; Rodriguez, D. A; Clifton, K; Cho, G; Fleischhacker, S. 2011, Disaggregate land uses and walking, Am J Prev Med, 40(1):25-32. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2010.09.023
- Muraleetharan, T; Hagiwara, T; Adachi, T; Kagaya, S. 2005, Method to determine pedestrian level-ofserice for crosswalks at urban intersection, Journal of Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, 6:127-136.
- Park, J. A. 2010, A Study on the Vertical Distribution Characteristics of the Commercial Facilities Using GIS: Focused on Jeongbalsan Station and Juyeop Station Areas in Ilsan, Graduated school of Korea National University of Education, master's degree.
- MacCormac, R. 1983, Urban reform: MacCormac's manifesto, Architecs Journal, 59-72.
- Saelens, B. E; Handy, S. L. 2008, Built environment correlates of walking: A review, NIH, 40:550-566.
- Seo, J. H; Lee, M. H; Jun, B. H. 2008, A Study on the Pedestrian and Spatial Characteristics of University Station Area, Journal of Urban Planning and Development, 43(2):35-45.
- Sung, H. G. 2011, A Study for the Development of a Green Transportation City, The Korea Transport Institute.
- Shin, W. J; Shin, W, H. 2009, Spatial Patterns of Retail Stores in Seoul, Korea, Journal of KRERI, 19(2):279-296.
- TAN, D; WANG, W; LU, J; BIAN Y. 2007, Research on methods of assessing pedestrian level of service for sidewalks, Journal of Transportation Systems Engineering and Information Technology.
- Yoon, N. Y; Choi, C. G. 2013, Relationship between Pedestrian Volume and Pedestrian Environmental Factors on the Commercial Streets in Seoul, Journal of Urban Planning and Development, 199:135-150.
- Won, Y. h; Choi, C. G. 2013, Analyzing the relevance between density of small retail businesses' classification and volume of pedestrian in Seoul, Conference of Urban Planning and Development.