- Volume 13 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Performance Evaluation of Heat Radiant for 50W LED by the CNT Thermal Interface Material
CNT 열전달 물질에 의한 50W LED의 방열 성능평가
- Received : 2014.12.16
- Accepted : 2014.12.26
- Published : 2014.12.31
In this study, cooling and heat-transfer tests are performed to compare and evaluate the thermal conductivity in a prepared CNT TIM (thermal interface material). A polymerized CNT heat-transfer resin and commercial thermal grease (Shinetsu G-747) were applied for a comparison test in both cases. Cooling experiments with an aluminum foil specimen were performed in order to measure the temperature distribution using an infrared camera, and in heat radiation experiments, performance testing of the thermal conductivity was conducted using high-power LEDs. Carbon resin with the polymerization of graphite and carbon black, and CNT-polymerized CNT resin with graphite and carbon black were tested and compared with using G-747. It was found that the cooling performance and the heat transfer ability in both the carbon resin and the CNT-polymerized CNT resin were greater than those of G-747 because the temperature by 5.
Thermal Conductivity;Thermal Interface Material;Carbon Nano Tube;Thermal Grease;LED Heat Radiant;Infrared Thermography Test
- Bruce S., "Technologies that Deserve to Die," MIT's Technology Review, October 2003.
- "Light Emitting Diodes(LEDs) for General Illumination," OIDA Technology Roadmap 2002.
- Yoo, J. Y., "Patent technology Trends of LED Heat Radiation Technology," IOD Report, KISTI, April 2005.
- "LED Lighting Technology Lessons from the USA," Report of a global watch mission March 2006.
- Kim, G. H., Yoon, G. S., Heo, Y. M., Jung, D. S., and Cho, M. W., "A Study on the Micro-cutting Process Characteristics of Copper for Manufacturing a Subminiature Radiation Plate," Proceedings of the KSMTE Spring Conference 2008, pp. 296-301, 2008.
- Lee, K. Y., "A Study on the Performance Enhancement of Heat Sink Using Heat Pipe," A Thesis for a Master, Pukyong National University, Republic of Korea, 2007.
- Cho, Y. T., "Heat Radiation of LED Light using Cu Plating Engineering Plastic Heat Sink," Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 81-85, 2011.
- Cho, Y. T., "Heat Sink of LED Lights Using Engineering Plastics," Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 12 No. 4, pp. 61-68, 2013.
- Xie, H., Li, Y., Chen, L., "Adjustable Thermal Conductivity in Carbon Nanotube Nanofluids," Phys. Lett., A 373 pp. 1861-1864, 2009.
- Yu, A. P., Ramesh, P., Itkis, M. E., Bekyarova, E., Haddon, R. C., "Graphite Nanoplatelet-epoxy Composite Thermal Interface Materials," J. Phys. Chem., C 111, pp. 7565-7569, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1021/jp071761s
- Yu, A., Ramesh, P., Sun, X., Bekyarova, E., Itkis, M. E., Haddon, R. C., "Enhanced Thermal Conductivity in a Hybrid Graphite Nanoplatelet-carbon Nanotube Filler for Epoxy Composites," Adv. Mater., Vol. 20, pp. 4740-4744, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.200800401
- Nan, C.-W., Birringer, R., Clarke, D. R., Gleiter, H., "Effective Thermal Conductivity of Particulate Composites with Interfacial Thermal Resistance," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 81, pp. 6692-6699, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.365209
- Huxtable, S., Cahill, D., Shenogin, S., Xu, L., Ozisik, R., Barone, P., Usrey, M., Strano, M., Siddons, G., Shim, M., Keblinski, P., "Interfacial Heat Flow in Carbon Nanotube Suspensions," Nat. Mater., Vol. 2, pp. 731-734, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1038/nmat996