- Volume 5 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study on the Structural Behavior of Typical Bar Connections of Approach Slab in the Integral Abutment Bridge
일체식교량의 접속슬래브 연결철근 형상에 따른 연결부 구조거동에 대한 실험연구
- You, Sung-Kun (Research Institute, ISAN Corporation) ;
- Kim, Na-Yeon (Research Institute, ISAN Corporation) ;
- Kim, Ho-Seop (Research Institute, ISAN Corporation) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Gi (Research Institute, ACEENC inc.) ;
- Kim, Young-Ho (Sejin Patent & Law Office)
- Received : 2014.11.19
- Accepted : 2014.12.23
- Published : 2014.12.31
An experimental study on the structural behavior of connection types between approach slab and integral abutment has been done for three typical bar connections. Typical hinge style reinforcing bar detail for its connection is preferred in order to accommodate rotation of the approach slab among engineers. However, the straight horizontal bars can be used as connection detail accomodate structural capacity. Total six specimens with three types of rebar detail are tested for direct tensile and bending load. The characteristic structural behaviors are carefully monitored and all the strain gauge data obtained are analyzed. It is shown that the structural performance of all the specimens well exceed its design allowance. Several design suggestions are given based on careful reviews on the experiment.
Grant : PSC-I 거더를 이용한 중공슬래브 교량개발
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Bridge Design Manual (2011), 3rd Edition, Nov. PCI.
- Brent. M. Phares, Adam S. Faris, Lowell Greiman (2013), Integral Bridge Abutment to Approach Slab Connection, Journal of Bridge Engineering, Vol. 18, 2013 Feb., pp.179-181. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)BE.1943-5592.0000333
- Design Manual for Integral Bridges(2009), Korea Expressway Corporation.
- Eo, G. T., Jung, E. Y., Kim, N. Y., Kim, C. H., and Chang, S. Y., (2013), "A Feasibility Study of the Effective use of Prefabricated Concrete Voided Slab Preventing Hoop Tension Crack," The Magazine of the Korean Society for Advanced Composite Structures, Vol. 5, No.4, pp.11-20.
- Integral Abutment and Jointless Bridges (2005), Constructed Facilities Center, College of Engineering and Mineral Resources, West Virginia University, The 2005-FHWA Conference.
- Park, J. M., You, S. K., Yhim, S. S., and Yoon, S. J. (2003), "Integral vs. Semi-integral Abutment Bridge," The Magazine of Korean Society of Steel Construction, Vol. 15, No. 1, 2003, pp. 76-80.